Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions‘ Episode Tsubasa story mode tracks the titular Captain Tsubasa as he and Nankatsu MS battle for a record third national championship, and it’s full of the requisite over-the-top anime tropes thanks to the DAD system unique to the mode. And of course, if you’re a fan, you’ll want to know how to find and unlock them all.
DAD stands for Dramatic Action Demo, and they are flashy scenes that play during Episode Tsubasa matches if certain conditions are met. They each have different effects, whether they result in a turnover, a perfect pass, or even an automatic goal.
Read on to learn how to unlock them all!
Vs. Otomo MS
- DAD 01: As Tsubasa, approach Urabe while you have possession.
- DAD 02: After you score a goal, allow Nitta to carry the ball into Nankatsu’s defensive third of the field.
- DAD 03: This one’s tougher. In the second half, Urabe will pass the ball to Nitta, who will attempt (and fail) to sink his Falcon Shot twice. If you allow Urabe to try a third long pass to Nitta, the DAD will play, and you’ll unlock the Falcon Volley Shot as well.
Vs. Azumaichi MS
- DAD 04: As Tsubasa, approach Soda while you have possession.
- DAD 05: Score a second-half goal. You’ll see a scene about how Soda’s going to modify his Razor Shot. Then, allow Soda to possess the ball in Nankatsu’s defensive third about 10 minutes into the second half. Soda must have attempted a Razor Shot at least once.
Vs. Hanawa MS
- DAD 06: After the Triangle Shot cutscene, allow one of the Tachibana twins to possess the ball a little bit past midfield.
- DAD 07: This one happens automatically at the beginning of the second half.
- DAD 08: After two successful Skylab Hurricanes, let a Tachibana twin possess the ball a little bit past midfield again, around 15 minutes into the second half.
Vs. Hirado MS
- DAD 09: As Tsubasa, approach Jito while you have possession.
- DAD 10: As Tsubasa, approach Jito while you have possession again. Jito must have scored a goal in the match.
- DAD 11: Jito must have scored 3 total goals in the first half, and Nankatsu must not have scored for this scene to play automatically at the beginning of the second half.
- DAD 12: Possess the ball with Tsubasa and approach midfield. Ensure that Jito is in front of you, and let loose with a Drive Shot.
- DAD 13: Possess the ball with Tsubasa and approach midfield. Ensure that Jito is in front of you, and let loose with a Drive Shot again.
Vs. Furano MS
- DAD 14: Score a goal, and allow Matsuyama to possess the ball at midfield while Furano’s V-Zone is active.
- DAD 15: With the game tied, or with Furano leading by one goal, enter Furano’s defensive third as Tsubasa late in the second half of the game.
Vs. Toho Academy
- DAD 16: This one plays automatically as the match begins.
- DAD 17: Allow Hyuga to score, and Toho’s goalie will point-blank ask you to unleash a Drive Shot in a cut-in. Do so in the second half to unlock DAD 17.
- DAD 18: After unlocking DAD 17, allow Hyuga to possess the ball in Nankatsu’s defensive third of the field.
- DAD 19: Allow Hyuga to score in the second half, then approach him with Tsubasa while Hyuga has possession.
- DAD 20: After unlocking DAD 19, ensure the score is either tied or that Toho is up 1 point. Allow Hyuga to steal the ball from Tsubasa and approach the Nankatsu goal.
- DAD 21: After unlocking DAD 20, use the Drive Shot about 20 minutes into the second half.
- DAD 22: Ensure that the game is tied so that it goes to stoppage time. Allow Tsubasa to lose the ball on Toho’s side of the field, then recover possession and give the ball to Ishizaki.
- DAD 23: Ensure that by the second half of stoppage time, Nankatsu is in the lead. Allow Hyuga to possess the ball in Nankatsu’s defensive third around 3 minutes into the second half of stoppage time.
That’s it on unlocking all of the Dramatic Action Demo scenes (DAD scenes) in Captain Tsubasa, Rise of New Champions.