The Remembering update of Disney Dreamlight Valley brings the long-awaited conclusion of The Forgotten storyline, but there’s still more to discover afterward. The Between Skull Rock and a Hard Place quest is the first mystery quest following the conclusion of the storyline, and there are some puzzles to solve. Here’s our complete guide for completing Between Skull Rock and a Hard Place in DLV.
The Between Skull Rock and a Hard Place Walkthrough in DLV
The quest will be available following your check-in with The Forgotten. To initiate Between Skull Rock and a Hard Place, you’ll need to return to the Dark Castle and get the Orb of Unity.
- Head to the Plaza, and enter the portal to the Dark Castle.
- Once you’re in the castle, you’ll notice a square interactive space on the ground to the right of the first-floor castle door. Stand on the square, and select Interact to travel to the Orb of Unity.
- You’ll be in a new room, and notice the Orb of Unity to the left of the door. Pick it up, and return to the main area by interacting with the square on the floor.
- Go to the Pillar of Unity on Skull Rock Island on Dazzle Beach.
- You’ll place the Orb of Unity in the Pillar by interacting with it. Once you do so, a short cutscene will follow, and runic symbols will appear on the sand surrounding the main pillar. This is the first puzzle.
Skull Rock and a Hard Place Pillar Puzzle Solution
To solve the puzzle, you’ll need to go into Furniture mode and bring all of the Valley’s Pillars to Skull Rock Island and place them in a particular order. Each runic symbol coordinates with one pillar.
Here’s the order of the runes starting from the pillar directly in front of Moana’s Raft, and going clockwise:
- Pillar of Friendship (Peaceful Meadow)
- Pillar of Trust (Glade of Trust)
- Pillar of Nurturing (Sunset Plateau)
- Pillar of Remembrance (Forgotten Realms)
- Pillar of Love (Frosted Heights)
- Pillar of Courage (Forest of Valor)
- Pillar of Power (Dazzle Beach)
Once you place all runes on their corresponding place, you can exit Furniture Mode and there will be a short cutscene showing Skull Rock, but that’s it for now. Following the puzzle’s completion, you’ll still have the quest objective to “Uncover the mystery of the Pillar of Unity on Skull Rock Island.”
I even tried time traveling on my Nintendo Switch trigger the next portion of the quest, to no avail. So, we’re all in the same boat waiting on Gameloft to release the next section of the quest. We’ll update this page when more information because available, until then, check out our Disney Dreamlight Valley guides hub here for walkthroughs, recipes, and more.