Far Cry 6 amigos are the equivalent to fangs for hire in Far Cry 5. Each of these companions has unique abilities that help Dani in combat, like Oluso, or aid in finding more resources, like Chorizo. While you can’t recruit human amigos this time around, these animals are more than up to the task of taking down Anton Costillo’s FND.
Some of these amigos slash pets are good at stealth and distraction, while other amigos are better at tooth-to-hand combat. Regardless, you’re here because you want to know how to find these fangs for hire.
There are five pet companions that you can unlock through the base game: Guapo, Chorizo, Boom Boom, Chicharron, and Oluso. If you purchased the Season Pass or pre-ordered the game, you can also get two more fangs: K-9000 and Champagne.
If want to find all of the amigos and enlist their fangs for hire, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about these companions. It includes their locations, as well as their in-game ability descriptions.
All Amigos and Their Locations
Guapo is one of the first amigos you’ll get. They become available during Juan of a Kind, the first real mission of the game once you land on Quito. Help Juan with the first firefight, and Guapo becomes your companion.
Their primary ability is called Ancient Survivor and allows them to self-revive after going down in combat. Their unlockable perks are:
- Body Regulation: Guapo regenerates health in combat
- Condition: Guapo revives themself 5 times
- Cornered Beast: Guapo gains increased damage resistance at 50% health
- Condition: Guapo heals for 3,000 cumulative HP in combat
- Reptile Metabolism: Reviving restores 90% of Guapo’s HP
- Condition: Guapo kills 50 enemies
Chorizo becomes available once you reach Montero Farm in Yara’s Madrugada region, Costa Del Mar. They’re found to the right of the camp’s foreman. Interact with Chorizo to get the quest Who’s a Good Boy. Finish that mission and return to them to get Fetch Quest. Complete that, and they’re one of man’s best amigos.
Their primary ability is Attention-Seeker, which allows them to distract enemies. Their unlockable perks are:
- Bloodhound: Chorizo can tag crafting materials on your HUD
- Condition: Chorizo distracts 10 enemies
- Yes, You Can: Pet Chorizo to regain some of your HP
- Condition: Chorizo tags 36 chests
- Keen Senses: Chorizo digs up resources randomly
- Condition: Use Yes, You Can 50 times
Boom Boom the good boy becomes one of your amigos after completing the Boom or Bust Yaran Story from Juan. You’ll get this Yaran Story by interacting with the note stapled to the pole across from the foreman in Camp Maximas, Balaceras. Complete the operation, and they become your pet.
Their primary ability is Fetch, Boy, which allows them to get resources from defeated enemies. Their unlockable perks are:
- Pointer: Boom Boom marks enemy units and animals
- Condition: Boom Boom collected resources from 10 dead enemies
- Expert Tracker: Boom Boom tags enemies from greater distances
- Condition: Boom Boom tags 24 animals
- Thick Coat: Boom Boom’s damage resistance increases
- Condition: Boom Boom tags 50 enemies
Chicharron becomes available after completing the Yaran Stories Man’s Best Enemy, Pecking Orders, and Wingman. To begin this questline, go to Alvarez Farm in Sierra Perdida, Vacia Coast, and speak with Reinaldo. Follow all of the steps for each mission, and they’ll become one of your amigos.
Their primary ability is Angry Bird, which allows them to slingshot at enemies to attack them. Their unlockable perks are:
- Roid Rage: Chicharron attacks faster and deals 2x damage at 70% HP
- Condition: Chicharron kills 12 enemies
- Angrier Bird: Chicharron knocks enemies down
- Condition: Chicharron kills 24 enemies in Roid Rage
- Chicken Feet: Chicharron can dodge attacks in Roid Rage
- Condition: Chicharron knocks down 50 enemies with Angrier Bird
Oluso becomes available after completing three separate treasure hunts — Ida’s Triada Relic, Oku’s Triada Relic, and Mimo Abosi’s Triada Relic. These are part of the Triada Blessings Yaran Story, which you get by finding the first relic.
Once you’ve completed those stories, you’ll need to deliver the relics to Oluwa Cave back on Isla Santuario, specifically east of Clara’s Camp in Quito. After that, Oluso will be one of your amigos.
Their primary ability is Shadow Striker, which allows them to use the shadows to attack enemies stealthily. Their unlockable perks are:
- Mimo Abosi’s Luck: Oluso is stealthier with takedowns
- Condition: Oluso kills 12 enemies in restricted areas
- Rage of Ida: Oluso strikes fear into enemies, and they flee
- Condition: Oluso kills 24 enemies with takedown
- Mist of Oku: Oluso becomes invulnerable, difficult to spot, and gains health faster at 50% health.
- Condition: Oluso inflicts fear on 50 enemies
K-9000 is part of the Far Cry 6 Season Pass Blood Dragon DLC content. They become available when you complete the primary story mission The Guerilla and reach Libertad HQ. They unlock immediately and become one of your first pets.
Their primary ability as one of your amigos is Iron Skin, which makes them more resilient to bullets and immune to poison and fire effects. Their unlockable perks are:
- Enhance: K-9000 marks turrets, camera, tripwires, and alarms
- Condition: K-9000 takes 100 damage in combat
- Enhance!!!: K-9000 deals more damage to tagged enemies
- Condition: K-9000 tags 24 security systems
- Termination Protocol: K-9000 becomes the Predator and self-destructs when they go down
- Condition: K-9000 destroys 50 tagged enemies
Champagne is part of the Far Cry 6 Ultimate Pack Vice Pack DLC content. They become one of your amigos when you complete the primary story mission The Guerilla and reach Libertad HQ. They unlock immediately.
Their primary ability is Status Symbol, which makes them collect more money from dead enemies after combat. Their unlockable perks are:
- Greed is Good: Champagne takes down more enemies the more money you have
- Condition: Champagne kills 12 enemies
- Predatory Instinct: Champagne loots enemies after silent takedowns
- Condition: Champagne kills 24 enemies via silent takedown
- Sonic Snarl: Champagne randomly roars to knock-back enemies when taking damage
- Condition: Champagne loots 1,000 pesos from dead enemies
How to Switch and Summon Amigos
Switching and summoning new animal allies is really simple. Just bring up your map or your arsenal and tab over to the amigos tab. Hover over the fang for hire that you want to summon and choose summon.
If you already have one of your pets in the field, they will leave and be replaced with a new one. Note that summoning one companion puts all amigos on cooldown, so you can’t swap amigos in and out immediately.
- How to Get Every Far Cry 6 Ride
- How to Play Multiplayer With Friends
- How to Unlock Season Pass & DLC Content
- How to Unlock the Wingsuit Early
The definition of man’s best friend just got wider now that you have all of the Far Cry 6 amigos and fangs for hire as your companions. Take care of them, mind: they are technically your pets now. For more tips and tricks for your journey through Yara, click the links above or consider heading over to our growing guides hub!