The last thing you want when loading up Fortnite is to encounter an error. Unfortunately, some players are stuck on the “Redeeming offline purchase” screen, unable to log in to the game. So, let’s talk about how to fix the redeeming offline purchases bug here.
What is the Stuck on Redeeming Offline Purchases in Fortnite?
Error codes are the last thing you want to happen when gaming. The “Redeeming Offline Purchases” bug is frustrating, and is taking plenty of playtime away from the community. Offline Purchases are any purchases made outside of Fortnite’s in-game store. For instance, when you buy V-Bucks in the Xbox or PlayStation store instead of the Fortnite item shop, you’re making an offline purchase. That then has to sync with the Fortnite servers.
With that in mind, the error is a communication issue that prevents us from logging in and bugs out on the preliminary load screen. Some players have been locked out for days, which is an incredibly lengthy time for an error. I know I’ve been thrown off by error codes that fault my system, so let’s discuss how to fix it.
How to Fix the Redeeming Offline Purchases Error
Check the Status of Fortnite Servers
Checking the status of the Fortnite servers is the first thing I do when I encounter an error. Doing so will let you know if they’ve have been brought down for maintenance. And if so, you’ll need to wait for them to return.
- Head to the Epic Games Public Status page to check.
- Join the official Fortnite Discord server: The Discord server features a Fortnite status channel, announcements, bug reporting, community support, and more. You can join the forum to chat with other players live and see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.
- Check the Fortnite Status Twitter/X. This Twitter/X page frequently updates with patches and any bugs the team is aware of and working on.
Restart the Game
The age-old, tried-and-true solution of restarting the game could work for the “Redeeming Offline Purchases” error. Restarting your computer or console would also be a good idea.
Power Cycle Your Console
As recommended by Epic, Power Cycling your console is a potential fix for this error. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn off your console.
- Unplug the power cable from the console.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into the console.
- Turn on your console.
- Restart Fortnite.
Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection
While this is mostly a server-side issue, where Fortnite attempts to reconcile offline purchases you’ve made on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch platforms, it’s always good to make sure your internet connection is stable. Any drops during the verification process can cause issues.
- Restart your router.
- Check for any downtimes with your ISP.
- Use a wired connection if possible (this is always a good idea if you have the ability to do so).
Submit a Support Ticket
As a last resort, you can submit a support ticket to the official Epic Games Support team via the Fortnite Support page.
That’s how to fix the Redeeming Offline Purchases error in Fortnite. Looking for more guides? Be sure to check out our Fortnite guides hub here. We’ve got plenty more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs, including why Medallions are different after the December 16 patch, how to get the Holiday Boxy skin, and how to enable 2FA.