If you are unable to connect to WB Games online services when trying to play Hogwarts Legacy, it can be frustrating since there are some nice rewards for doing so. It’s likely to happen because servers are simply overloaded; to say the Wizarding World RPG is popular is an understatement, and there are hundreds of thousands of players trying to connect the services.
This guide will provide you with a possible fix to the unable to connect to WB Games error in Hogwarts Legacy.
Potential Fixes for the WB Games Error in Hogwarts Legacy
Check the Server Status
Warner Bros. Games servers have experienced a massive influx of players at launch, and thus, as with any game that sees such a large amount of players logging in at a single time, simply cannot handle the load so close to launch. Before you do anything else, it is best to check the server if you’re unable to connect Hogwarts Legacy and WB Games.
Check the server status here: Warner Bros. Games Servers Status.
Check Your Platform’s Server Status
It is also possible that the service tied to your platform has gone down or is undergoing official maintenance. Here are links for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox players:
If any of the mentioned services is down or in maintenance, then you simply need to be patient and wait for them to go back online, which may take up to several hours.
Reset Your Network Settings
If all servers and services are active, but you still can’t connect to WB Games online try restarting your network equipment. If that does not work, then you may reset your netowrk settings manually and try connecting again.
Follow these steps to reset network settings on Xbox:
- Open the console menu by pressing the Xbox button.
- Go to the “System” menu.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Network” option.
- Select the “Network Settings” option.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press “Clear” in the Alternate MAC address tab
- Confirm by pressing “RESTART“.
Follow these steps to reset network settings on PlayStation:
- Go to PS4 or PS5 home menu.
- Select the “Settings” menu (gear icon in the upper right).
- Go to the “Network” option.
- Uncheck the “Stay Connected to the Internet” box.
- Start Hogwarts Legacy.
- Make sure that it says you’re disconnected from the Internet.
- Close the game.
- Reconnect your Internet by following the same steps above.
- Wait for the game to connect to the servers.
Follow these steps to reset network settings on PC:
- Press the “Start” button.
- Type in “CMD” in the search bar.
- Start the command line app.
- Type in: ipconfig, and press Enter.
- Copy the IP address from the “Default Gateway” line.
- Paste the IP address into your internet browser and press Enter.
- Log in using “admin” as both your login and password.
- Go to “Management” tab.
- Press the “Reboot” button.
Hopefully, these tips helped you fix the error of being unable to connect to WB Games in Hogwarts Legacy. Stay tuned for more Hogwarts Legacy tips and tricks articles. If you’re running into the blue characters bug, we’ve got a fix for that. We’ve also covered the black screen bug and provided potential solutions for the game crashing on PC.
Featured image via Warner Bros. Games.