All perks and mods in Destiny 2‘s Season of the Deep come from the NPA Repulsion Regulator, which is an artifact you get in the earlier parts of season 21. This is a new device that comes from this season and offers great versatility when building perks for your Guardian. This is especially true for Arc, Void, and Strand subclasses which seem to benefit the most. This guide will walk you through unlocking these perks and what they do.
How to Get Perks and Mods in Season of the Deep
The way to get more Perks is to gain experience in the new season. As the level of your artifact increases, you’ll get more unlocks with a max of 12. There are five tiers of perks that demand a minimum amount of perks to be selected in the tier below them.
Tier 2 requires three perks, tier 3 requires five perks, tier 4 requires seven perks, and tier 5 requires ten perks. I noticed that switching between chosen perks is as easy as refunding them and putting the point in something else, so it’s really no big deal to reallocate them. The list of perks are as follows:
- Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle: Allows auto rifles to pierce enemy barriers. Auto rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon: Aiming down sights briefly before firing allows hand cannons to stun Unstoppable Champions. Hand cannons are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- Overload Scout Rifle: Hitting enemies with consecutive scout rifle shots will stun Overload Champions. Overcharges scout rifles when that modifier is applicable.
- Overload Trace Rifle: Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Trace Rifles causes the beam to stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering their damage output. Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Trace Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- Unstoppable Glaive: Glaive projectiles can stun Unstoppable Champions, and glaives are always overcharged whenever applicable.
- Authorized Mods: Arc: The armor energy costs of all armor mods affecting your Arc weapons are significantly discounted.
- Authorized Mods: Void: The armor energy costs of all armor mods affecting your Void weapons are significantly discounted.
- Authorized Mods: Strand: The armor energy costs of all armor mods affecting your Strand weapons are significantly discounted.
- Authorized Mods: Melee: The armor energy costs of all armor mods affecting your melee are significantly discounted.
- Technicolor Siphon: Grants access to Helmet armor mods that combine the effects of the Strand Siphon and Arc Siphon mods.
- Improved Unraveling: Increases the amount of damage dealt by unravelling a target.
- Deeper Origins: Greatly improves the benefits of the Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Harmonic Resonance, and Noble Deeds traits.
- Unto the Breach: Defeating a Void Debuffed target creates a Void Breach while your Void subclass is equipped.
- Electric Armor: Stay amplified longer while your Arc subclass is equipped.
- Thunderous Retort: Grants bonus Arc Super damage if cast while critically wounded or while amplified. Lasts until the end of the Super activation.
- Strand Soldier: With a Strand subclass equipped, gaining Woven Mail also grants Unraveling Rounds to your Strand weapons.
- Overcharged Armory: Weapons with the Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets (Neomuna), Harmonic Resonance (Root of Nightmares), and Noble Deeds (Season of Defiance) traits are always overcharged weapons for you when that modifier is active.
- Protective Breach: Picking up a Void Breach gives you an overshield or refreshes your existing overshield.
- Counter Charge: Gain a stack of Armor Charge when stunning champs
- Amped Up: Being Amplified grants damage resistance.
- Conductive Cosmic Needle: Targets affected by Strand debuffs take increased damage from Arc and Void abilities.
- Shock and Awe: Arc final blows while you are amplified summon a burst of lightning that damages and jolts targets.
- Supernova: Picking up a Void Breach causes your next source of Void damage to create a large weakening pulse.
- Squad Goals:
- Performing a finisher while you are amplified grants Amplified to nearby allies when your Arc subclass is equipped.
- Performing a finisher while you have Woven Mail grants Woven Mail to nearby allies when your Strand subclass is equipped.
- Performing a finisher while you have Devour grants Devour to nearby allies when your Void subclass is equipped.
- Lightning Strikes Twice: After throwing an Arc grenade, gain increased grenade recharge for a short time. Arc final blows extend the duration of this benefit.
Those are all the perks that have come available during Season of the Deep in Destiny 2. Be sure to take advantage of these before the season ends to give your Guardian an edge. If you’re looking for more tips or guides on all things Destiny 2 head over to our guides hub on Gameskinny.