Moonstone Island brings you to a floating archipelago, complete with its very own beaches. Unsurprisingly, the cozy game also includes a fishing mini-game that must be completed for a beginner quest. However, the game doesn’t provide you with a fishing rod or explain the finer details of angling. Here’s how to fish in Moonstone Island.
How to Fish in Moonstone Island
First and foremost, you’ll need to purchase a Fishing Rod from Tobin for 200 Gold. Tobin can be found in the southeast portion of Moonstone Island, by the beach. You’ll know you’re in the right area when you enter the portion covered in sand. Tobin’s shop is easily identifiable by the large Goldfish statue sitting on top of its roof. Once you’ve got a rod, you’re ready to fish.
- Select your Fishing Rod from your tool wheel.
- Select your Fishing Rod from your primary inventory.
- Cast your rod with the action key.
- Hold it down and release it when it’s at the distance you want.
- Wait for an exclamation point to appear over your character’s head.
- Use your action key to reel it in and begin the fishing mini-game.
- The mini-game will appear on the left of your screen.
- Hold and drag your cursor or joystick to get the small dotted circle to encompass the fish.
- Continue to follow the fish until the green meter is full.
If you’re finding the fishing mini-game difficult, you can purchase some additional upgrades from Tobin. There are two upgraded hooks available for purchase — Big Hook (10 Gold) and Swift Hook (10 Gold).
- The Big Hook increases your fishing target size.
- The Swift Hook makes the fishing target move faster.
Select the Hook from your inventory to use it. Notably, each fishing hook can only be used one time, so you’ll need to continue to purchase them.
Once you’ve got your fish, you can use them for recipes, to feed your Spirits, or sell them for profit. I typically toss a line in the ocean at the Beach, so it’s convenient to head back to Tobin’s shop and sell my catch directly to him for profit.
That’s how to fish in Moonstone Island. Check out our growing Moonstone Island guides hub for more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs.