Wall-Knight is not the flashiest hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, but he certainly gets the job done. This is especially the case with longer games.
With Guardian and Solar cards at his disposal, Wall-Knight is able to accumulate Sun quickly and build up a defense even the most solid Nut can be proud of.
With the defensive power of Wall-Nuts (and their ilk) along with the extra Sun accumulation of Sunflowers, this hero can bring out powerful high Sun cost cards, heal a fair amount of damage, and defend his way to victory.
Wall-Knight’s big detractor is both types of cards’ lack of Strength buffs. There are certainly a few, as we will see below, but this guy is all about defending and striking when the time is right.
This hero is best suited to decks focused around Nut cards, which give protection to the healing and Sun-accumulating cards so well known in Solar decks.
Wall-Knight’s arsenal in its entirety is here in detail to help you plan your decks, with important to remember card combinations highlighted, all available cards and their details laid out. This guide should be used as a reference — and is best used with other deck building resources to come up with an effective deck and gameplan.
Signature Superpower (Only Wall-Knight can use this Superpower)
This Hero can’t be damaged until the end of the turn. Draw a card.
Heal your Hero and all Plants for 4.
Move a Plant. It gets +3 Health.
Make a 6 Health Wall-Nut with Team-Up. Draw a card.
Notable card combinations
These combinations are laid out with the most important card bolded and followed by a plus sign (+) with cards the important card will either affect or be affected by. You can look at the card specifics in the tables below this section.
Below each combination briefly explains why these cards are good friends. Always remember card synergy when building a deck.
- Spineapple + Wall-Nut, Mirror-Nut, Prickly-Pear, Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Poppin’ Poppies, Water Chestnut, Potato Mine
- Spineapple gives +2 Strength to Plants with no Strength when played. These Plants have no Strength or spawn Plants with no Strength.
- Smackadamia + Small-Nut, Wall-Nut, Mirror-Nut, Water Chestnut, Jugger-Nut, Pea-Nut, Mixed Nuts, Pismashio
- Smackadamia gives all Nuts +2 Health when played. These are all Nuts.
- Pepper M.D. + Power Flower, 2nd Best Taco of All Time, Venus Flytrap, Geyser
- Pepper M.D. gains +2 Strength and +2 Health when a Plant or your Hero are healed. These Plants and Tricks all heal.
- Power Flower + Bellflower, Sunflower, Morning Glory, Twin Sunflower, Bloomerang, Briar Rose, Poppin’ Poppies
- At the start of a turn Power Flower heals your hero for 1 Health for each Flower on the field. These plants are all Flowers.
- Mirror-Nut + Wall-Nut, Water Chestnut, Small-Nut, Jugger-Nut, Pea-Nut, Mixed Nuts, Pismashio
- Mirror-Nut does 2 damage to the Zombie Hero when any of your Nuts are hurt. These Plants are all Nuts.
- Mixed Nuts + Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Potato Mine, Wall-Nut, Water Chestnut, Pea-Nut
- Mixed Nuts gets +2 Strength and +2 Health when played in a lane with a Plant with Team-Up. These Plants all have Team-Up.
- Sage Sage + Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Metal Petal Sunflower
- Sage Sage allows you to draw a card when played if you have made at least 6 Sun this turn. The Sunflowers let you get there sooner.
- Spineapple + Hibernating Beary
- Spineapple gives Plants with no Strength +2 when played. Play Hibernating Beary first, then Spineapple to give the Beary a head start.
- Magnifying Grass + Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Metal Petal Sunflower
- Magnifying Grass gets +1 Strength for each Sun you’ve made the turn it’s played.
- Morning Glory + Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Metal Petal Sunflower
- Morning Glory gains +1 Strength and +1 Health when played if you have made at least 6 Sun this turn. The Sunflowers let you get there sooner.
Don’t ignore these cards if you have them!
These cards may not all have synergy on their side like the ones mentioned above, but they are among the best cards Wall-Knight can use.
Morning Glory – With a cost of only 1 Sun, 2 Strength/2 Health by default, and even better stats when you have more than 6 Sun, two of this card can be a real havoc to opponents late game if you’re not stacking Sunflowers and early if you are.
Pismashio – This Plant may be dull but a 2 Strength/3 Health Plant for 2 Sun isn’t a bad deal. Consider this card for early game if you’re going the Smackadamia route.
Steel Magnolia – This baby not only grants itself and whatever Plant is in its lane +2 Health, it grants +2 Health to every plant next door. A great card for decks heavy in Team-Up cards.
Jack O’ Lantern – If you’re lucky and your opponent doesn’t destroy this Plant as soon as it’s out, you’ll basically get a guaranteed 5 damage in on the Zombie Hero between two turns.
Briar Rose – An amazing addition to a Power Flower-oriented deck, maybe not so much Wall-Knight. But worth a mention.
Tough Beets – A great lategame card, especially with Wall-Knight and his array of Wall-Nuts with Team-Up. Play him only when every other lane is stacked for the best results.
Laser Bean – A 6 Sun cost is in no way too high for a 4 Strength Plant with Strikethrough. Put this guy behind a Nut and watch him do his Zombie-whomping magic.
Cornucopia – An amazing addition to a Wall-Knight deck. Chances are you’re going to be reaching 10 Sun anyway between your defense and Sun-giving plants like Sunflowers. Cornucopia can turn a game around completely.
Soul Patch – Another amazing card, this time effectively keeping your hero alive. If you have one, use it.
Grave Buster – (Trick) The big benefit of Zombies with the Gravestone ability for a Zombie Hero player is that you, the Plant Hero player, can’t see what is in the grave before the battle phase starts. The Grave Buster wipes those pesky Gravestones out before they turn into a problem.
Wall-Nut Bowling – (Trick) Absolutely amazing offensive Trick that does 6 damage to each Ground lane. Another late game monster.
Squash – (Trick) Just destroys any Zombie regardless of Health. Great for late game (Wall-Knight’s time to shine).
Wall-Knight’s compatible cards
Below are all the Guardian and Solar cards currently available in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes that you can use with Wall-Knight. There are separate tables for Plants and Tricks.
A card’s rarity is noted next to their name in parenthesis. The more rare a card is, the less likely you are to get it from a pack and the more it costs to craft. The rarities are Common (C), Uncommon (UC) , Rare (R), Super Rare (SR), and Legendary (L).
|Plant||Type||Special Effects||Unique Ability|
Potato Mine (C)
|Root||Team-Up||When destroyed: Do 2 damage to a Zombie here.|
Sting Bean (C)
|Bean Pea||Amphibious, Bullseye|
|Nut||Armored 1, Bullseye|
Water Chestnut (UC)
|Root Nut||Amphibious, Team-Up|
Hibernating Beary (R)
|Berry Animal||When hurt: This gets +4 Strength.|
|Fruit||When played: Plants with no Strength get +2 Strength.|
Steel Magnolia (UC)
|Flower||When played: Plants here and next door get +2 Health.|
|Fruit Animal||When destroyed: Do 4 damage to a Zombie here.|
|Nut||When your Nuts get hurt, Do 2 damage to the Zombie Hero.|
|Cactus Fruit||When hurt: Do 4 damage to a Zombie here.|
|Nut||When played: Your Nuts get +2 Health.|
Tough Beets (R)
|Root||Armored 1||When played: This gets +1 Health for each Plant and Zombie.|
Poppin’ Poppies (SR)
|Flower||When played: Make 1-Health Lil’ Buddies with Team-Up here and next door.|
Soul Patch (L)
|Vine||Armored 1||If your Hero would get hurt, this gets hurt instead.|
Gardening Gloves (C)
|Move a Plant. Draw a card.|
Grave Buster (UC)
|Destroy a Gravestone.|
Wall-Nut Bowling (L)
|Make a 6 Health Wall-Nut with Team-Up in each Ground land. Attack for 6 damage in those lanes.|
|Destroys all Plants and Zombies with 4 Strength or more.|
|Plant||Type||Special Effects||Unique Ability|
|Flower||Team-Up||Start of Turn: you get +1 Sun this turn.|
Morning Glory (UC)
|Flower||When played: This gets +1 Strength and +1 Health if you made at least 6 Sun this turn.|
Pepper M.D. (C)
|Pepper||This gets +2 Strength and +2 Health when a Plant or your Hero is healed.|
Sage Sage (UC)
|Leafy||When played: If you made at least 6 Sun this turn, draw a card.|
Jack O’ Lantern (SR)
|Squash||Strikethrough||When this hurts the Zombie Hero, it gets +1 Strength.|
Mixed Nuts (C)
|Nut||When played: This gets +2 Strength and +2 Health if there’s a Plant with Team-Up here.|
Venus Flytrap (C)
|Flytrap||When this does damage, heal your Hero for that much.|
Twin Sunflower (SR)
|Flower||Team-Up||Start of Turn: You get +2 Sun this turn.|
Magnifying Grass (R)
|Leafy||When played: This gets +1 Strength for each Sun you made this turn.|
Metal Petal Sunflower (UC)
|Flower||Start of Turn: You get +1 Sun this turn.|
|Flytrap||When played: Destroy a Zombie here with 3 Strength or less.|
Power Flower (C)
|Flower||Strikethrough||Start of Turn: Heal your Hero for 1 for each Flower.|
Briar Rose (SR)
|Flower||When a Zombie hurts a Flower, destroy that Zombie.|
Laser Bean (R)
Smashing Pumpkin (C)
Three-Headed Chomper (L)
|Flytrap||End of Turn: Destroy all Zombies here and next door.|
|Corn||When played: Make a random Plant in each other lane.|
Water Balloons (C)
|A Zombie gets -1 Strength and -1 Health. If you made at least 6 Sun this turn, it gets -2 Strength and -2 Health instead.|
|Destroy a Zombie with 3 Strength or less.|
2nd-Best Taco of All Time (R)
|Heal 4. Draw a card.|
|Destroy a Zombie on the Ground.|
|Destroy a Zombie.|
Thanks for taking the time to read this guide! Building a deck isn’t easy but hopefully this chunk of information makes it easier for you to build a deck that kicks some serious butt.
If you enjoyed this guide and would like to see other heroes given the same treatment, worry not! Every Plant hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes is getting the same treatment. As a matter of fact, here are the links to a few. The others are in progress.
- PvZ Heroes Solar Flare deck resource guide
- PvZ Heroes Spudow deck resource guide
- PvZ Heroes Green Shadow deck resource guide
- PvZ Heroes Citron deck resource guide