Merlin is a new final boss in Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, and she is by far the hardest boss players have ever encountered. She requires a very specific strategy to best..
Merlin is immune to almost all types of damage and on top of that, she is protected by a number of illusions that reflect a huge chunk of damage sent her way.
Follow out guide below, you will be able to beat her in no time.
How to Beat Final Boss Merlin in SDS: Grand Cross
Strengths and Weaknesses
Before making up a team of heroes to defeat Merlin you need to consider her strengths. Merlin is immune to the following types of damage:
- Attack Disable
- Buff Disable
- Ultimate Move Damage Dealt Decrease
Also, Merlin possesses a special buff against Speed and Demon heroes, which you should exclude from your team.
However, she also has one huge weakness: physical defense. This means that Strength-based heroes are the best against Merlin.
Best Team Composition
All four party members of you team should be of the Red color, which indicates their Strength attribute, including the healer:
- Gowther (Red) — One of the best Strength heroes in SDS: Grand Cross with a huge pool of AoE attacks and enemy debuffs.
- Escanor (Red) — This is another Strength hero with a very useful Amplify skill, which buffs all of his attacks up to 30% of the base damage.
- Arthur (Red) — Another excellent hero with a Sever ability, which doubles his chances of getting a critical hit.
- Elizabeth (Red) — A healer and supporter with the Rejuvenate skill that recovers up to 60% of HP of all allies at the beginning of each turn.
The battle against final boss Merlin consists of two phases.
In the first phase, it is recommended to deal with her illusion allies that reflect damage. If you kill them, the Merlin’s defense stat will go down by 40%.
During the battle she will use the following set of attacks:
- Spear Explosion: Deals damage to 1 enemy and removes 1 ultimate move gauge from the target.
- Perfect Cube: Creates a barrier that protects all her illusion allies.
- Exterminate Ray: Deals 540% of damage to 1 enemy and disables attack skills for 2 turns.
- Tornado Sever: Deals 630% of damage to 1 enemy and disables attack skills for 2 turns.
Here, use Arthur’s Royal Blade buff and deal with all illusions at once. The sooner you can activate it the better.
Then, use Arthur’s AoE and an ultimate ability of any other character, who is ready to activate it.
This time Merlin will try to freeze you using the following set of attacks:
- Poison Wave: Deals damage to 1 enemy.
- Frozen Factor: Freeze the target.
- Exterminate Ray and Tornado Sever are the same as before.
Arthur’s Royal Blade should prevent the freeze effect. Also, use Gowther’s Arrow Shot and Amplify on Merlin’s allies.
Then, send everything you have at Merlin after you defeat the illusions. The choice of attacks is up to you.
With the help of Gowther’s debuffs you should be able to burn Merlin pretty soon.
That’s all on how to beat final boss Merlin in Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, and be sure to come back soon for more related guides.