Learning how to plant seeds is the first step to self-sufficiency in The Front. However, the game likes to keep things a mystery, and planting your first harvest is certainly no exception. Here you’ll find our complete guide on how to plant seeds in The Front.
How to Plant Seeds in The Front
Soon into The Front, I found myself haphazardly wandering onto a Wheat farm and harvesting seeds. That is, until my foraging adventure came to an end and I was chased out by a mutant. I was then left with seeds and no clue how to plant them. Planting seeds is essential and requires a few steps to unlock. Here’s how to plant seeds in The Front:
- Craft a Small Crop Plot from your Crafting Menu.
- Found under the Structures Tech Tree > Manual Miner > Fish Basket.
- x20 Wood, x15 Stone, x20 Fiber.
- Place the Small Crop Plot from your Inventory Bar.
- You’ll need to drag it from your backpack to your main Inventory bar.
- Equip the Seeds from your Inventory Bar.
- You’ll need to drag them from your backpack to your main Inventory bar.
- Approach the Small Crop Plot.
- LMB to plant the Seeds.
- Seeds can only be planted in available green spaces.
- You can plant up to x9 crops per Small Crop Plot. Craft and use Fertilizer to increase fertility and crop growth rate.
You can view the fertility of your soil by approaching the soil bed and hovering your cursor over it. You’ll also be able to see stats such as Hydration, Sunlight, and Temperature. The quality of these will vary based on what region of the map you’re on. For instance, your hydration will decrease in the Desert region.
That’s all you need to know on how to plant seeds in The Front. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs at our The Front guides hub here.