Sometimes, you might think that a task is so complex, only to realize that just a bit of careful repositioning is required. Our guide discusses how to solve the Flooded Valley Rainbow puzzle in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve the Flooded Valley Rainbow Puzzle in The Talos Principle 2
You can solve the Flooded Valley Rainbow puzzle in The Talos Principle 2 by ensuring that the devices are positioned properly so that the beams do not intersect. Take note that this is Puzzle Room #7 in this zone.
Flooded Valley Rainbow Puzzle Solution
When I first reached The Talos Principle 2 Rainbow puzzle, I was surprised by the curious array of objects:
- There are two light sources: blue and red.
- There are five receptacles: one red, two blue, and two green.
- And, yes, there are three devices: one Accumulator and two RGB Converters.
All in all, we need to align five beams. At the same time, we have to make sure that none of the beams intersect. It sounds a bit complicated, but I’ve outlined the steps that I took to finish this objective:
- First, have the Accumulator get a red charge. Then, plop it down very close to red receptacle. Don’t move it at all.
- Next, take one Converter and turn its core green by funneling the beams from the blue and red light sources. Have its lasers target the two green receptacles at the each end of the row.
- As for the other Converter, turn its core blue by combining the beam from the red light source and the other Converter (i.e. the one that’s green). Have its lasers target the two blue receptacles.
Now, all that’s left is to position the two RGB Converters to prevent the lasers from intersecting:
- Place the blue Converter fairly close to the red Accumulator.
- Place the green Converter further back.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to solve the Flooded Valley Rainbow puzzle in The Talos Principle 2. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.