A game like Wild Hearts requires quick reflexes to survive. That’s why it’s so important that your game performs as best as it can on your PC, and our guide will provide you with the best graphics settings and performance settings for PC in Wild Hearts.
Best Settings for High FPS
You can achieve a significant FPS boost in Wild Hearts by cleverly managing your graphics settings in the game. You can access the “Graphics” menu via the “Settings” option from the main screen.
Here is a list of options we recommend for improved performance:
- Display: Windowed Fullscreen.
- Textures: Medium.
- Model Quality: Medium.
- Texture Filtering: Low.
- Particle Effects: Medium.
- Procedural Density: Low.
- Shadows: Low.
- Reflections: Low.
- Global Illumination: Medium.
- Clouds: Low.
- Anti-Aliasing: None.
- Motion Blur: Disabled.
- Ambient Occlusion: Enabled.
- Depth of Field: Disabled.
There is one more important setting in the “Graphics” menu worth changing called “Upscaler”. Usually, this setting allows you to select the correct settings for a specific brand and model of GPU, but in Wild Hearts, the upscaler has no such options.
All you can do is either enable or disable it, and in this case, it would be better to simply disable it and use the settings listed above.
VSync and FPS Limit
If you experience screen tearing during gameplay, and you’re using an nVidia GPU and a G-Sync compatible monitor, then it is recommended to enable VSync in the nVidia Control Panel, and keep it disabled in the game settings. For those using AMD GPUs, use the Radeon App.
It’s important to be careful with using VSync, however. Be sure to set a limit to your frame rate while VSync is disabled in the game. Do not uncap your frame rate, which puts unnecessary strain on your system.
Best GPU Performance Settings
nVidia GeForce Settings
Owners of nVidia GPUs can also improve their performance by making these changes in the nVidia control panel:
- Set “Image Scaling” to “ON“.
- Set “Triple Buffering” to “ON“.
- Set “Ambient Occlusion” to “Performance“.
- Set “Anisotropic Filtering” to “Application Controlled“.
- Set “Antialiasing FXAA” to “Off“.
- Set “Antialiasing Mode” to “Application Controlled“.
- Set “Antialiasing Transparency” to “Off“.
- Set “Low Latency Mode” to “Ultra“.
- Set “Max Frame Rate” to “Off“.
- Set “Optimize for Computer Performance” to “On“.
Laptop users should also set “Power Management Mode” to “Maximum Performance“.
AMD Radeon Settings
AMD GPU owners can also apply the following settings:
- Toggle “Anti-Lag” to “On“.
- Toggle “Image Sharpening” to “On“.
- Toggle “Vertical Refresh” to “Off“.
- Set “AA Method” to “Multi Sampling“.
Set the Game’s Priority to High
The last thing you can do is set the game’s priority to “High” in the Task Manager. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination.
- Select “Task Manager” option.
- Go to “Details” tab.
- Right-click on Wild Hearts.
- Set “High” in the “Set Priority” field.
You could always uncap your framerate, but your performance is more likely to be choppy and inconsistent, limited by your monitor’s output capabilities. Uncapping frames also puts a great deal of strain on your GPU and CPU, so it’s not recommended for increasing frames, even if it is the most obvious option.
Those are the best graphics settings and performance settings for PC in Wild Hearts. Also, check out our official Wild Hearts review, and stay tuned for more Wild Hearts tips and tricks articles.
Featured image via Electronic Arts