Connection issues and server stability are causing some players to get the Foxtrot 01 error in XDefiant. Some log-in queues are lasting hours, while others can’t even get that far. Here’s what we know about the Foxtrot 01 error in XDefiant.
What is Foxtrot 01 Error?
So what is the Foxtrot 01 error in XDefiant? Much like the ECHO errors, the Foxtrot 01 error is a connection issue. Specifically, it appears when the servers are unstable. This usually happens when too many players are trying to log in at one time.
Ubisoft has been aware of the server issues since starting the closed beta and finally executed some fixes that should help reduce the number of errors being seen.
We’ve implemented a few smaller fixes that are helping server stability. There should be a noticeable improvement to matchmaking time and a diminishing number of errors.
We’re continuing to work on the issue to get the best experience possible
— XDefiant (@PlayXDefiant) April 14, 2023
Is There a Fix for Foxtrot 01 Error?
Since Foxtrot is a server-related connection error, there are only a couple of things that can be attempted to fix the problem. Ultimately, Ubisoft will need to address the server issues on its end to completely remedy the situation.
In the meantime, here are a few things you can try:
- Check the server status: Before doing anything, check XDefiant Twitter account or the Ubisoft Support account to make sure Ubisoft hasn’t taken the servers down
- Restart your device: It may be a joke that IT always says to restart your device, but there’s something magical about it that seems to work more times than not.
- Check your connection: Double-check your Internet connection to ensure the issue isn’t instability on your side. It’s possible a problem with your ISP is interfering and causing the Foxtrot 01 error.
- Disable your VPN: Useful for protecting your location and data, your VPN can also cause an issue with your connection. See if disabling it gets you in-game.
- Submit a Ticket: If all else fails, submit an official support ticket with Ubisoft or update any outstanding tickets with the steps you’ve already tried.
There’s really no known, fool-proof fix for the Foxtrot 01 error right now. While not unusual to have server issues during a beta testing period, it’s a frustrating experience that can leave a sour taste. Hopefully, some of these fixes help get you in the game. For more XDefiant help, like information on the ECHO 02 error, consider clicking the link or checking out our growing XDefiant guides library.
Featured image via Ubisoft.