The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Upright Device puzzle is found in the Makasura Shrine, and it’s somewhat tricky. It involves using Zonai Stabilizers on railings and turning them into catapults to reach new areas. Here’s our guide to help you with the Makasura Shrine An Upright Device puzzle solution in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Makasura Shrine An Upright Device Puzzle Solution in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Makasura Shrine Location
The Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Makasura Shrine is found in the region of West Necluda, on a hill overlooking Kakariko Village (it’s actually the main fast travel point for the village itself). To reach this area, travel southeast from Lookout Landing, across the fields and rivers.
TotK Makasura Shrine An Upright Device Puzzle Walkthrough
To start the Makasura Shrine Upright Device puzzle, you’ll notice an L-shaped structure, like a railing of sorts, as well as a Zonai Stabilizer.
First An Upright Device Puzzle Solution
The first part of the puzzle is easy. You simply need to reposition it so you can Ascend to the flat part.
Second An Upright Device Puzzle Solution
As for the second part of the TotK Upright Device puzzle, there are some specific tasks. I recommend doing these actions in the following order:
- Attach the railing to the Stabilizer while it’s upside down (i.e., the small part is jutting out from the top).
- Lean the railing against the barrier while it’s upside down. This will let you use Ascend so you can enter the enclosure.
- Inside, you’ll also notice another L-shaped railing with a bowl of sorts, as well as an orb and another Stabilizer.
- Don’t mind the orb for now. Instead, lean the railing to the opposite wall. You should be able to climb up to get a Fairy Tonic from the chest.
- Next, deactivate the Stabilizer so that the railing falls down to the ground. Then, place the orb in the bowl. When you hit the Stabilizer to activate it, the railing will act like a catapult, launching the orb across the barrier.
With the orb inside the bullseye target, you should be able to proceed to the third and final area. There’s another railing, as well as a stabilizer. I suggest making sure the two are attached together, and that Link is standing on the bowl. Strike the object to activate it, causing Link to get launched high up into the air. This allows you to glide all the way to the end.
This completes our guide on the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Upright Device puzzle solution in Makasura Shrine. For more tips and walkthroughs, head over to our Zelda: TotK guides hub.