The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom A Windy Device puzzle is found in the Ishodag Shrine. In it, you’ll use a fan to help you navigate some puzzles and reach the Light of Blessing at the end. Here’s our guide to help you solve the Ishodag Shrine A Windy Device puzzle in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Ishodag Shrine A Windy Device Puzzle Solution in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
TotK Ishodag Shrine Location
The TotK Ishodag Shrine is located in Central Hyrule. It’s almost directly west of the Kyononis Shrine and northwest of Lookout Landing. On the map, its coordinates are -0880, 0422, 0049.
TotK Ishodag Shrine A Windy Device Walkthrough
A Windy Device is a three-stage puzzle spread across three rooms. This Shrine asks you make use fans to solve puzzles. It’s not a hard shrine, but I had a lot of fun playing around with it.
First A Windy Device Puzzle Solution
The first room of the Ishodag Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom is pretty simple. There’s a big wall in front of you that you can’t climb and a fan on the ground to your left. I think you can see where this is going.
- Grab the fan with the Ultrahand and flip it over so that the fan is racing right-side up, then hit it with a weapon to turn it on. This will create an updraft.
- Get on top of the fan, jump and pull out your paraglider, and ride it all the way to the top.
Second A Windy Device Puzzle Solution
This puzzle is pretty easy, too. You’ve got a large piece of wood and a fan, and you need to get across a big pool of water. Sound like a great time to make a speedboat to me. Here’s what I did:
- Grab the fan with the Ultrahand and attach it to the back of the wooden plank so that the fan is standing upright with the front of the fan pointed away from the “boat.”
- Hop onto your “boat” and whack the fan to turn it on.
- Ride the boat across the pool of water.
Third A Windy Device Puzzle Solution and Bonus Chest
All right, time to bring it home. There’s an elevator and a couple of fans in front of you and a swinging platform to your right. First thing’s first: let’s get that bonus chest.
- Grab one of the fans and attach it to the underside of the swinging platform so that the fan blades are pointing towards the wall.
- Whack it with your weapon of choice. The fan will turn on and push the platform up until it is horizontal.
- Now that the platform is in place, get under it and use Ascend to get on top of it. Open the chest to receive an Opal.
Now onto the main event. Here’s how to solve the final puzzle:
- Shoot the fan attached to the platform with an arrow to turn it off, and then grab the fan with the Ultrahand and shake it loose.
- Attach it to the underside of the elevator with the fan blades facing down,
- Grab the other fan and attach it to the other side of the elevator facing down.
- Climb into the elevator and whack the floor with your weapon to start the fans.
- Ride the elevator to the top and head up to the platform to grab your reward: a Blessing of Light!
That about does it for the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom A Windy Device puzzle in Jiosin Shrine. For more tips, tricks, and guides, check out our Zelda: TotK guides hub.