Story of Seasons Guide: How to Get Married
Story of Seasons is not only about farming; you can also get into a relationship with one of the townspeople. There are multiple bachelors and bachelorettes to choose from and there is a lengthy process that goes into getting married, which involves giving gifts, seeing flower events, and more.
I will go over the basics you need to know to find a partner, get married, choose a wedding, and what comes after. There will be separate guides that give details on the requirements for each bachelor and bachelorette.
This guide will cover the basics of getting married in Story of Seasons including:
- Friendship Level - What it is and how to check it.
- Bachelor/Bachelorette List - Each person you are able to marry.
- Becoming Boyfriend/Girlfriend - What is required to reach this level.
- How to Get Engaged - What is required to reach this level.
- Choosing a Wedding - The different wedding options and what they do.
This is how far into a relationship you are with someone. The amount of Friendship Points (FP) you have determines this level.
All marriage candidates except Licorice and Kamil show their level by colored flowers in their character portrait when you talk to them. You can still check their level, and everyone else's, by pressing the left shoulder button on the 3DS. Doing this displays a symbol that tells you how many FP you have.
- White Flower/Scratchy Circle: 0 - 9,999 FP
- Purple Flower/ "... thought bubble": 10,000 - 19,999 FP
- Blue Flower/Horizontal Marks: 20,000 - 29,999 FP
- Green Flower/Vertical Marks: 30,000 - 39,000 FP
- Yellow Flower/Music Notes: 40,000 - 49,000 FP
- Pink Flower/Sparkles: 50,000 - 59,000 FP
- Red Flower/Hearts: 60,000+ FP
Each person has 4 "Flower Events" You must see to get married. You get these by raising their FP.
You can raise FP in several ways.
- Talk to them - 100 FP daily.
- Give Gifts - Various depending on gift, also daily.
- Participate in Festivals and Competitions - 1,000 - 3,000 FP per event.
- Show them an animal they like - 150 or 250 FP.
- Wear an outfit and/or accessory they like, then talk to them - 100 FP for each.
Keep in mind that each person has a favorite gift that gives 1000 FP and there are several gifts for each person that actually lowers their FP! Also, giving someone their favorite gift on their birthday gives 3000 FP instead of 1000 FP.
- Fritz - Farmer
- Klaus - Perfume Maker
- Raeger - Restaurant Owner
- Mistel - Antique Shop Owner
- Nadi - Landscaper
- Kamil - Florist
- Lilie - Weather Girl
- Angela - Nurse
- Iris - Novelist
- Agate - Ranger
- Elise - Rich Girl Farmer
- Licorice - Botanist
To start a relationship with someone, you must give them a commitment ring.
- You need a Sewing Studio and use the Accessory Bench to make the ring.
- You also need a Silver ore and Fluorite.
- Silver - Get from mining point in Safari or buy from Antique Shop at Fall of Year 2 or later.
- Fluorite - Dive in the water to get it randomly or buy from Silk Country trader at Summer of Year 2 or later.
You also need to see their first 2 flower events and have at least Blue Flower level or 20,000 FP.
- Commitment Proposal - Give them the ring on a sunny, non-holiday Saturday or Sunday after meeting the requirements.
- Reverse Commitment Proposal - They can also suggest becoming a couple.
- Give 100+ gifts to them and have 25,000+ FP.
- Talk to them with the ring in your bag, and they will ask you.
This and the reverse marriage proposal is just an alternate way of making it happen. You can just do it yourself for an easier way to do it.
If you get below 20,000 FP with your boyfriend/girlfriend and don't talk to them for 31 days, a break-up scene will happen.
- You can choose not to break up and stay a couple, but lose 1,000 FP
- If you break up, you lose 3,000 FP with them and can choose someone else to go after if you choose.
If you want to get back together, you must get their Friendship level up to Red Flower, 60,000+ FP, give them 10 of their favorite gifts, and wait 62 days after the breakup. Just give them another ring like usual.
How to Get Engaged
Before you can propose, there are some things you need to do.
- Build the Large Farm House - This comes with a Double Bed.
- This comes after the Upgraded House.
- See all 4 of their Flower Events - The last events are at Pink flower or higher, 50,000+ FP.
- Get to Red Flower Level - This is at 60,000+ FP.
- See Marriage Tutorial Event from Dessie - Dessie doesn't come until Spring of Year 2.
- Give your partner a Blue Feather - You can buy this from the General Store after Dessie's Marriage Tutorial.
Reverse Marriage Proposal
You can activate this by doing additional requirements.
- Give them 150+ gifts with at least 30 being their favorite gift.
- Go into their house before 23:00 with the Blue Feather in your bag.
Choosing a Wedding
When you get engaged, the 3 types of wedding will be explained to you. You can choose later which one you want. Be aware that to have kids after the wedding, you must build the two-story farm house.
The 3 different weddings to choose from all have different ceremonies and give different things.
- Simple - Costs 100,000 G. A western-style wedding with just your Fiance and Veronica.
- Pregnancy event happens 30 days after wedding.
- Super - Costs 500,000 G. You can choose between a Western or Eastern-style wedding and a few guests will attend.
- You gain 1,500 FP with the guests and 3,000 FP with your partner.
- You get 5 Marguerite Pots and 5 Red Rose Pots as wedding gifts.
- Pregnancy event happens 20 days after wedding.
- Gorgeous - Costs 1,000,000 G. Choose between Western or Eastern-style and more guests will attend.
- You gain 2,000 FP with guests and 5,000 Fp with your partner.
- You get 5 Marguerite Pots, 5 Red Rose Pots, and 5 Sunflower Flowerbeds as wedding gifts.
- Pregnancy Event happens 15 days after wedding.
That covers everything you need to know about getting married in Story of Seasons. Please visit my Bachelorette guide for details on each person person. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments about this guide.