Hay Day 2017 Guide: How to Set up Farm Helpers to Produce Goods While You're Away
Tired of checking your phone every time the eggs are ready to be collected? Thankfully, you won't be stuck with egg duty forever. Reaching farm level 33 unlocks the Farm Helpers -- an old couple named Rose and Ernest found living atop a cliff just to the East of your farm house.
After watching you build your farm up from level 1 to 33, Rose and Ernest finally decide they're sick of retirement and want something to do. Rose is willing to tend to the animals while Ernest is more than happy working the Dairy and Suger Mill.
Managing your Farm Helpers
- They'll get to work as soon as you assign some tasks to them. In order to assign tasks, simply tap on their house, tap on Rose or Ernest, then choose the products you want them to produce and hit confirm. Note that the higher level you are, the more products you'll be able to queue.
- Rose and Ernest are only equipped to carry through with the tasks you've given them. If they run out of crops or other such supplies needed for production, you're expected to grow or buy more so they can finish their job.
- Keep an eye on their task progress through the Farm Helper menu at their house. Here you can view how close they are to finishing their tasks and whether or not there are any complications. In the second tab, you can view what they've got in storage. Note that whatever they collect goes into their own storage and doesn't effect your own, so you don't need to worry about Rose and Ernest taking up all your space.
- The Farm Helper's storage is only as large as their queue, which gradually upgrades as you level up. The goods they produced remain in their storage even after their time has expired. You cannot transfer their goods to your storage, however, the items in their storage always get used or sold before yours.
- Rose and Ernest's services are free for the first week. After that, you must pay them for their time in Diamonds. 15 Diamonds net you 3 days, 30 Diamonds get you another week, and 55 Diamonds gets you 2 weeks. To keep them both working, they must be paid individually. There is a 10% discount that pops up occasionally, though, so keep an eye out.
- Rose tends to the animals on your farm. She feeds your Chickens, Pigs, Cows, Goats, and Sheep and collects their Eggs, Bacon, Milk, Goat Milk, and Wool when they're ready.
- She makes her own animal feed, too. Because it's not the final product, Animal Feed made by Rose exists in the void and neither takes up your storage space nor hers.
- You can customize Rose's behavior by tapping on the cog wheel. Use this to make sure she's only making feed and feeding animals when you request, continually making feed but feeding animals only when you request, or continually making feed and feeding them until the crops run out.
- Ernest works at the Dairy and Sugar Mill. Provided he has the materials, he produces Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Syrup, Cream, Butter, Cheese, and Goat Cheese.
Once you reach level 33, start utilizing the Farm Helpers right away to get a good feel for them during your free week. After you get a feel for their efficiency, it's up to you whether or not their services are worth the hefty price of Diamonds.
Check out more of our Hay Day Guides.