Phasmophobia: How to Use a Crucifix
You're going to be using a crucifix in just about every investigation in Phasmophobia, the item being your one true defense against hunts on any difficulty. Whenever you're stocking items before an investigation, be sure to bring one or two for safety.
Of all the items you can bring along during a Phasmophobia investigation, the crucifix is one of the most simple to use. You just set it and forget it! Well, sort of.
How to Use a Crucifix in Phasmophobia
In theory, all you need to do to make use of a crucifix is to put it in the ghost room as protection from hunts. This item has two charges, and a charge is used up each time a ghost attempts to initiate a hunt within three meters of the crucifix.
You can toss it on the floor, on a table, or even hold it in your hand — if the ghost tries to initiate a hunt within three meters of the crucifix, it's going to eat a charge and spare you the headache.
There are a few things to note about using the this item in Phasmophobia you'll want to keep in mind:
- If the ghost is a Banshee, a crucifix can stop it from hunting in a five-meter radius.
- It can stop hunts even through walls, doors, and furniture. It does not need to be in the exact room the ghost starts hunting, provided it is within three meters.
- The cursed hunts initiated by using cursed items cannot be prevented by a crucifix.
- You can be protected from a hunt by one even when it is out in your hand, but not if it is in your inventory.
- Finding a good spot to place a crucifix can be hard. If a ghost keeps hunting from elsewhere, you will want to move it.
That is everything you need to know about how to use a crucifix in Phasmophobia. Check out our other Phasmophobia guides here on GameSkinny.