Fortnite Lightning Bolt Locations Guide
Long time players will notice some big changes to the Fortnite formula as Season 5 officially launches, with three challenges now available for all players and an extra four challenges just for the Battle Pass crowd. One of those challenges is to find 7 lightning bolts in some very out-of-the-way locations.
Still getting used to the changes to the map and shotgun nerfs with version 5.0? Check out an overview of all the Season 5 patch notes here before heading out to find where the lightning bolts are in Fortnite!
Now that we've got that out of the way, if you just want to know specifically where to find the Fortnite lightning bolt locations, here are all the confirmed locations where they have been discovered so far in the Season 5, Week 1 map:
Where Are All The Lightning Bolts In Fortnite?
Although Epic is trying to de-emphasize the importance of building in the late game, this challenge actually requires you to harvest materials and build tall structures in order to reach the lightning bolts.
At the moment unfortunately it doesn't appear that you can grab one of the lightning bolts at the start by landing on it while falling off the battle bus, so get ready to quickly harvest and build instead. To make a lightning bolt count towards the challenge, you need to actually interact with it like you were opening a loot chest.
To complete the challenge you need to build staircases and reach at least 7 bolts. Be sure to start at an angle a short distance away from the end location as you build up and sideways, then throw up in a platform if necessary to finally reach the bolt.
There are currently more than 7 lightning bolts scattered across the map, so there's no shortage of locations to check out. Here's where to land to get started completing the lightning bolt challenge:
- Above the llama at Junk Junction (duh, there's always a challenge item here)
- In the sky above the middle of Dusty Divot
- The far west side of Paradise Palms by the tall building
- Above the middle of the house section of Retail Row
- Up in the sky above the river to the west of Tomato Town
- Directly above the middle of Tilted Towers
- In the sky above the temple to the north and east of Lucky Landing (at the far south end of the map)
- Above the northern most dock of Loot Lake
- The middle of the Greasy Grove location
- Next to the tower at Lonely Lodge
- To the northeast of Snobby Shores
- In the hills to the northwest of Wailing Woods
Have you found any other Fortnite lightning bolt locations that we missed? Let us know in the comments and we'll get them added to the list!
Interacting with a lightning bolt to complete the week 1 Fortnite challenge (thanks to Hicko for the screenshot)
With the search floating lightning bolts challenge out of the way, here's the full list of newly added Fortnite Season 5 Week 1 challenges to keep you busy this week:
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500)
- Search a Supply Llama (1)
- Search for chests in Snobby Shores (7)
- Search for floating lightning bolts (7)
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (Hard: 3)
- Clinger, stink bomb, or grenade eliminations (Hard: 3)
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels (Hard: 1)
Stay tuned for a full guide on where to find the Risky Reels treasure map coming shortly, and be sure to drop us a note on your strategy this week to deal SMG damage and get stink bomb eliminations!
If you're just getting started with the Season 5 Battle Pass, check out our other Fortnite guides here for an edge up over the competition: