Just Cause 3: Tips and tricks for every challenge
Hello there, daredevils of Medici. For those of you brave enough to unlock all your options in maximizing the use of your gear, here are some tips to doing just that.
We'll have more guides and tips on the way to help you along the way.
Look here for more tips and guides on:
- U-24 Zabijak Shotgun Parts
- CS44 Peace Bringer Revolver Parts
- Carmen Albatross Plane Parts
- Stunt Jumps
- Common Bugs and Errors
- Rebel Shrines
- Ancient Tombs
- Di Ravello Tapes on Insula Dracon
- Di Ravello Tapes on Insula Fonte
- Di Ravello Tapes on Insula Striate
- Easter Eggs Locations
You'll find tips for these challenges:
- Shooting Gallery
- Scrapyard Scramble
- Destruction Frenzy
- Crash Bomb
The Destruction Frenzy and Shooting Gallery will provide details into the specifics for each requirement.
Shall we begin?
The wingsuit will allow you to travel great distances with better control of Rico. You'll need to fly through all the rings but in order to maximize your points, you'll want to:
- If you're low to the ground, you'll gain bonus points at the end of the course (they won't show up until then).
- If you get too close to the ground, tether to thrust yourself forward and gain speed.
- Do not use the parachute. You'll instantly fail the challenge.
- At the end of the course, you can pull the parachute to land while watching your points tally up.
Aim at the Center
- Fly through the red ring in the middle of the white ring; you'll gain loads of points this way.
- If you can't reach every red ring, just remember you need to hit five.
As you may have guessed, here speed and accuracy is key. You'll need to gain 5 gears by hitting your mark without hitting the blue "X" or missing. The first time you play this, you won't have a Precision Aim Weapon mod. You need to acquire 3 gears to unlock this.
Note: Missing your target will reset your multiplier, so if you can avoid it.
- Machine Gun
What to do:
- Aim at the center of the target by firing as much as possible; just hit the target. Don't worry about hitting dead center.
- The target will disappear when it reaches its path's end.
- Some targets move left-to-right (Handgun), others right-to-left (Revolver).
This challenge will require you to collect large amounts of Bavarium and deposit it into a silo. Bavarium is available in two grades providing different points.
- First, connect the Bavarium Attractor to your vehicle
- Press L2/LT to bring the Bavarium Attractor closer if it's too far
- Collect lots of Bavarium to reach the bonus number
- Go to the pit, shut off the Attractor to drop the Bavarium, then drive out
- If enemies pursue you, take them to the pit
Races start at checkpoints whether by land, air, or sea. Damage to any vehicle or boat reduces your speed and handling, so don't hesitate to use your brakes.
Unlocking Speed Boosts from your Gear Mod will increase your chances at success. Vehicles you've earned from Rebel drops are available to use during the challenges, as long as it applies to race at hand.
Win and earn a "free" Rebel Drop.
- Standard brake is L2/LT
- E-Brake is Square/X
- Before entering the starting checkpoint, gain as much speed as possible before driving through it
- In a plane, use Square/X and Circle/B to turn
- Left analog stick for steering
- Watch your speed and altitude
- Avoid getting too close to trees or there goes your rotor and wings
- Speed boats and jet skis are your friend
- Unlock jumping in your Gear Mod menu to jump over hazards and increase your time
- The direct path is usually the fastest
This is by far the most fun as far as challenges go in my opinion. Here all you need to do is gain as many points as possible by exploding everything you see. You can come up with fantastic combinations to truly maximize those points. No idea is "too far;" creativity is your friend.
Each challenge will begin with a timer for the first explosion and then it's up to you how you do the rest. Know your area to maximize your surroundings to really rack up points. Each challenge will be weapon specific, but that will not limit your creativity. Just go for it!
Sniper Rifle Frenzy
Transformer wall are great targets for this one, along with the weaker points of certain objects. Shoot from the ground or in the air, and don't forget your grenades to assist in objects still standing.
Make sure to get a good feel of the area before you start. Then concentrate your bombs on the small and large objects.
In the helicopter, rockets and bullets are your rain of destruction, so use them wisely. Use your map to always check the area beforehand to see where the most vulnerable targets lie.
The best way to maximize using the grapple is by tethering. Don't forget your combo tethers either.
Always use your map first. Use your grapple hook to pull shields off. You can't drive the boat and shoot simultaneously. You can use your tethers on the front of the boat to move while you're using the guns. Timing is crucial with this tactic. Tethering boats together to move from boat to boat is another idea.
Lower objects and weak points are easier for the tank since it's limited on how high it can aim.
You need to reload each time the RPG is fired, so make it count. If you have access to the Hydra, go for it! Hydra allows you to shoot multiple rockets. Remember to target gas tanks and transformers.
From the air this challenge is a bit easier to take down the surrounding base. The weapon most recommended is the Dionysus PLDS-H. Enjoy!
Aiming is more of the challenge than anything else. Once you get that down, it's pretty much cake. Just make sure you're not too close to the explosions.
Support Vehicle Frenzy
Like the Boat Frenzy, you can't drive and shoot at the same time. The use of tethers in this challenge you will find critical. Use your map to focus on your targets, once you begin three cars will spawn.
Grenade Launcher Frenzy
This one is simple from the air with your parachute. Just make it rain.
Machine Gun Frenzy
If you don't feel like using an actual machine gun for this challenge, head over to the helicopter to use the dual mini-guns. Just a thought.
Be careful with this challenge since you're up close and personal putting yourself at risk. Remember your grenades and grapple for tethering to get you out of harm's way.
Stunt Hang Frenzy
Here you'll tether to a helicopter while on its patrol. Fire down to cause destruction. Use your wingsuit and grapple to piggy back onto other helicopters.
In this challenge you must get to the objective within the allotted time to for truck to destroy everything from the explosion; without you being inside.
- Avoid hitting anything on the way or your speed is affected
- Maintain the minimum speed on your HUD to avoid premature explosion
- Time your bail out to avoid getting caught in the blast.
Well there you have some basic tips for the challenges you'll face in Just Cause 3. Good luck!