This week, we’ve got a ton of E3 coverage, ranging from hands-on previews of games like Final Fantasy VII Remake, Doom Eternal, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, to roundups of every conference just in case you missed something.
We’ve also got news on Gears 5 and FF7 Remake, as well as tons of guides on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and Hell Let Loose.
Finally, we’ve got a handful of reviews for some of the latest games and gear.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy. It’s the weekend. What else are you gonna’ do? Play video games?
- Tetsuya Nomura Says FF7 Includes Modernized Honeybee Inn and Tifa
Square Enix has an ethics department, Cloud will cross dress, and your dialogue choices matter. Nomura discusses these things and more in a new interview. Read more.
- The Art of Amy Brown Set to Enchant the Tabletop World With Fickle
Compete for fairy favor and be crowned ruler in Fickle, the tabletop game featuring the art of Amy Brown. Read more.
- Dr. Mario World Pre-Registration Open Now for iOS and Android
The mobile Dr. Mario game gets a new trailer as well, showing off its many features and, of course, its microtransactions. Read more.
- Monster Hunter: World Iceborne Beta Soon, Here Are the Dates
The Monster Hunter: World Iceborne beta will be running before the end of June. Read more.
- Grim Dawn Getting Epic Fantasy Makeover With Loyalist Pack DLC, New Patch
A full retinue of vanity items and spell effects is coming to the popular ARPG. Read more.
- New Retro Console Evercade Goes Old School with Cartridge Compilations
The Evercade looks to fill the retro handheld console niche with unique cartridge compilations and the promise of more games to come. Read more.
- Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories Making Its Way to PS4, Switch, and PC
NISA is bringing the niche survival series back to the West, with plenty of branching story paths and natural disasters to test your mettle. Read more.
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Out Now, But Leaves Some Players in the Lurch
Wizards Unite includes more content than Pokemon GO did at launch, but not all players get to enjoy it. Read more.
- EA Defends Lootboxes As “Quite Ethical” In Statements to U.K. Parliament
Kerry Hopkins, vice president of legal and government affairs at EA compared said lootboxes are nothing more than “surprise mechanics.” Read more.
- Gears 5 Drops Gear Packs, Season Pass But Adds Pay-to-Win Feature
Gears 5 is dropping all random paid elements in favor of greater transparency, but seems to be slipping in a pay-to-win mechanic to make up for it. Read more.
- Cadence of Hyrule Review — Rhythm and Roguelike Combine in a Title That Hy-Rules
Cadence of Hyrule is a fresh approach to the classic 2D Legend titles that looks and sounds amazing, but it doesn’t last long. Read more.
- Dragon Star Varnir Review: Dark Magic
Dragon Star Varnir could use some polishing in a few areas, but the combat, setting, and story make for a dark and compelling RPG nonetheless. Read more.
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless Review: A Solid Wireless Offering
The Cloud Stinger Wireless might be twice as much as the wired model, but it’s one of the best wireless gaming headsets under $100. Read more.
- GameSir GM300 Mouse Review: Surprisingly Good & Customizable
The GM300 is a customizable ambidextrous mouse that might be budget, but it sure as hell isn’t cheap. Read more.
- Hell Let Loose Early Access Impressions
If you’re tired of the same old shooters that have no connection to reality, then Hell Let Loose will satisfy your need for complex and accurate war simulators. Read more.
- My Friend Pedro Switch Review — Action-packed, Bananas, but Cumbersome
My Friend Pedro is a wild ride full of high-octane action, but the game’s balletic bullet catharsis is marred by the cumbersome controls and lack of clear direction. Read more.
- Hands-On with the Children of Morta Demo: Compelling High-Fantasy
Dead Mage Studios’ Children of Morta demo shows off a polished early build of the action RPG that leaves me looking forward to the final product later this year. Read more.
- Judgment Review: Ace Attorney
Though there are some hiccups along the way, Judgment proves without a doubt that Ryu Ga Gotoku studio doesn’t need Kazuma Kiryu to sell a great game. Read more.
- Mark Your Calendars: Every Release Date Announced at E3 2019
E3 2019 brought a ton of new games to our lives, and many of them came with release date announcements, too. Here is every date you need to mark on your calendar. Read more.
- The Outer Worlds E3 2019 Preview: Strange Worlds in Strange Times
Live E3 gameplay from Obsidian’s upcoming quirky sci-fi RPG, The Outer Worlds, showed us what we can expect from the Fallout developer. Read more.
- Contra: Rogue Corps E3 2019 Preview — An Altered Take on the Contra Experience
Konami’s newest entry in the shoot em’ up series captures the Contra spirit even if some aren’t yet convinced. Read more.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 E3 Preview: Boo, Goo, and Improved
The third installment of the spooktacular spin-off series looks to conjure the most fun yet. Read more.
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 E3 2019 Preview
Our E3 impressions of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games left us wanting more challenging gameplay. Read more.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order E3 2019 Preview
Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The Black Order is a chaotic romp that might be hard for newcomers to get into. Read more.
- Pokemon Sword & Shield E3 2019 Preview: The Biggest Gym Battles Ever Deserve Bigger Features
Our demo with the upcoming eighth generation of the main Pokemon series had us wanting more. Read more.
- The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening E3 2019 Preview: Gameplay You Remember, New Visuals You Already Love
At E3 2019, we got some hands-on time with the remake of the beloved Game Boy classic. Read more.
- Eldest Souls E3 2019 Preview: Praise the Boss Rush
Fallen Flag Studios’ upcoming boss-centric adventure, Eldest Souls, shone brightly at E3 2019. Read more.
- Doom Eternal E3 2019 Preview: Better And Bloodier Than Ever
We played Doom Eternal at the Bethesda booth this year at E3 2019 and came away excited to spill more demon blood than ever before. Read more.
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood E3 2019 Preview — Co-Op Nazi Killing
We played a co-op demo for Wolfenstein: Youngblood at E3 2019 and came away impressed with the speed of its cooperative gameplay. Read more.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution Interview with Producer Charles Murakami
At E3 2019, we got to talk to the producer of the upcoming Nintendo Switch exclusive Yu-Gi-Oh! game. Read more.
- New Horizons is The Best — and Only — Direction for Animal Crossing
With its exotic new setting and deeper customization, Animal Crossing: New Horizons looks to be the big step forward the series needs to remain relevant. Read more.
- All Aboard the Death Boat in Phantom: Covert Ops, a Stealth-Action Kayaking Game in VR
Some people aren’t quite ready for the Cold War to be over yet. Convince them otherwise with your sniper rifle and trusty kayak in Phantom: Covert Ops, a VR action game for the Oculus platform. Read more.
- Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Preview: The Future is Completely Customizable
We saw Cyberpunk 2077 behind closed doors at E3 2019. Here’s what we know. Read more.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Hands-On Preview: Breaking Limits All Over Again
We went hands-on with the Final Fantasy VII Remake at E3 2019 and can confirm that not only is it real, but it was a ton of fun. Read more.
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War E3 2019 Preview — More Zombies Than You Can Snipe At
At E3 2019, we got some hands-on time with Rebellion’s upcoming undead infested third-person shooter. Read more.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Shown, Story Confirmed Canon
The first Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay shows off Kal’s Jedi Powers, introduces skill points, and plenty of combat. And it’s canon? What? Read more.
- Wave Break Preview: Move over Tony Hawk, It’s Time For Bears & Boats
At E3 2019 we got some hands-on time with Funkotronic Lab’s quirky upcoming arcade skateboarding inspired title. Read more.
- Nintendo E3 2019 Recap: Surprises, Sequels, and Remakes
From a Breath of the Wild sequel and Animal Crossing Switch delays to Bango-Kazooie in Smash Ultimate, Nintendo’s brief E3 Direct was stuffed full of big announcements. Read more.
- Square Enix E3 2019 Recap: FF7 Remake, Marvel’s Avengers Just the Beginning
From FF7 Remake to Marvel’s Avengers — with SaGa, SE Collective, FF14, Dragon Quest, and more in between — Square Enix’s E3 2019 presentation was packed full of what fans wanted to see. Read more.
- E3 2019: Highlights From the PC Gaming Show
Highlights from E3 2019’s PC Gaming Show, including Vampire the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, Terraria, Shenmue 3, Autochess, and much more. Read more.
- E3 2019 Bethesda Showcase Recap: Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls, Doom: Eternal Take Center Stage
The most requested Fallout 76 feature is coming, and we also saw major news on Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls Blades, in addition to brand-new titles. Read more.
- E3 2019 Microsoft Press Conference Recap: Team Xbox Unveils Project Scarlett and a Whole Lot of Game Pass
Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference is over, but if you missed it, don’t worry! We’ve compiled a useful roundup of every moment you need to see. Read more.
- The Best and the Worst of the Fire Emblem Series Examined
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is just over the horizon, so we’re taking the time to break down what makes the best Fire Emblem games so good. Read more.
- How to Get Spell Energy in Harry Potter Wizards Unite
Without spell energy, you can’t do much in Wizards Unite, but recharging your energy can be done in several different ways without spending any actual muggle money. Read more.
- How to Use the Artillery Calculator in Hell Let Loose
Learn how to properly operate Artillery with the help of a calculator in this step-by-step guide to Hell Let Loose. Read more.
- How to Change FOV in Hell Let Loose
Here is a workaround that will allow you to change FOV in Hell Let Loose. Read more.
- How to Increase FPS in Hell Let Loose
Increase your FPS count and save up every possible frame with the help of this quick guide to Hell Let Loose. Read more.
- How to Unlock All Difficulties in Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Don’t want to fully beat the game on normal and hard to unlock nightmare mode? A simple save file cheat code offers up all three difficulties straight from the start! Read more.
- How to Get Bovine Plume in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Finding bovine plumes for the jump shard is easy if you know which enemy offers up the random drop! Read more.
- How to Beat Zangetsu in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Learn how to take on one of the early bosses — Zangetsu — in this guide for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Read more.
- How To Upgrade Shards (Abilities) In Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Here’s how to upgrade shards (abilities) in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and be the most powerful alchemist that you can be. Read more.
- Where To Find The Warhorse Door & Key in Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
How to find the Warhorse’s Key and unlock the Warhorse Door in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Read more.
- How to Find Silver Bromide Location in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Although a patch may make the chest impossible to open, finding the silver bromide is easy once you know where to look. Read more.
- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Millionaire Key Guide
Want to get through that troublesome Millionaire Door in the Hall Of Termination? You’ll have to find a secret ceiling spot much later on in the game to get the key! Read more.
- How To Unlock All The QR Code Skills In Judgment
Still searching for the QR codes to unlock some of Takayuki’s most potent moves? We’ve got you. Read more.
- The Best Way To Farm Money And SP In Judgment
Hurting for cash and SP in Judgment? Following these simple steps will have you rolling in both in no time. Read more.
- Steel Division 2 Guide: Best Units for Deck Building
Looking for the best units in Steel Division 2? Then, take a look at this list of the best units for your battlegroups. Read more.
- How to Play the Dota Underlords Private Beta
Here is a simple way to get access to the newest Dota Underlords mod for Dota 2 while it’s still in the closed beta stage. Read more.
- Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter: How to Invite Friends
Haven’t figured out how the friend invite system works in Nuclear Winter? It’s easier than you think to play a battle royale match with your buddies! Read more.
- Where to Farm Screws in Fallout 76 (Best Locations)
Whether buying, scavenging, or looting, we show you three easy ways to acquire large numbers of screws in a short time in Fallout 76! Read more.
Check back next weekend for another roundup of news, reviews, guides, and features.