Destiny: The Taken King Stormcaller Warlock Guide
In Destiny, Stormcaller Warlocks look like a Sith lord from Star Wars or Storm from X-Men. There is so much lightning and the super involves floating around, shooting lightning from their hands, preferably while yelling "Unlimited Powerrrrr!!!" This subclass excels at destroying groups of enemies.
I'll go over the features of the Stormcaller subclass, explain each skill, then go over a recommended build. If you want to see a guide for the new Titan subclass, check out my Sunbreaker Titan guide.
This guide will go over everything about the Stormcaller Warlock including:
- Calling the Storm - General info on the Stormcaller subclass and how it works.
- Stormcaller Skills - Info on what each skill does.
- AOE Build - The build I recommend and how it works.
Calling the Storm
It is all about the lightning with this subclass. Everything you do involves lightning strikes, hits, and blasts.
The super, Stormtrance, causes the Warlock to float around and shoot chain lightning whenever the fire weapon button is pushed. This lasts until the super bar runs out.
The melee ability is called Thunderstrike and hits at an extended range. It has a cool animation that hits with both hands.
The class special grenade is Storm grenade. It calls down a mini lightning storm.
A big strength of this class is the chain lightning capabilities. Stormcallers can completely ruin large groups of enemies with the right build. In some strikes and raids, killing all these extra enemies helps the fireteam out more than you could imagine.
- Pulse Grenade - Grenade that periodically damages enemies within its explosion radius.
- Storm Grenade - Calls down a focused lightning storm.
- Arcbolt Grenade - A grenade that chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
- Focused Control - Better directional while in the air.
- Focused Burst - Provides an initial burst of speed.
- Balanced Glide - Provides bonuses to both speed and control.
- Landfall - When casting Stormtrance, fires a bolt of lightning into the ground, creating a devastating shockwave.
- Superconductor - Doubles your Stormtrance lightning's chaining capabilities.
- Ionic Blink - Press the sprint button during Stormtrance to teleport.
- Chain Lightning - Thunderstrike chains to another nearby enemy.
- Amplitude - Thunderstrike has a greater range.
- Rising Storm - Hits with Thunderstrike charge your Super, Ability, and melee energy.
- Arcane Wisdom - Increases battle recover and agility.
- Arcane Spirit - Increases battle recovery and toughness.
- Arcane Force - Increases toughness and agility.
Perk Column 1
- Pulsewave - When critically wounded, triggers a pulse wave that boosts agility for you and your allies.
- Feedback - Getting hit by melee attacks fully recharge and intensify your Thunderstrike.
- Transcendence - When you cast Stormtrance with full grenade and melee energy, your health gets restored to full and drains slower.
- Ancestral Order - Increases all stats.
- Chaos Order - Increases only agility by a large amount.
- Divine Order - Increases only toughness by a large amount.
Perk Column 2
- Electrostatic Mind - Stormtrance charges faster when allies are near and nearby enemies take damage.
- Arc Web - Enemies damaged by your grenades chain deadly lightning to nearby enemies.
- Perpetual Charge - Grenade kills recharge melee. Melee kills recharge grenade.
Recommended AOE Stormcaller Build
AOE, area of effect, is hitting multiple enemies at once. This build takes the natural AOE strength of Stormcallers and amplifies it.
The key skills here are Chain Lightning and Arc Web.
- Arcbolt Grenade - This grenade already chains lightning to enemies and the Arc Web skill amplifies that.
- Focuses Burst - For glide classes I usually opt for the initial burst because it is faster.
- Chain Lightning - This makes your melee hit more than one enemy, which is very helpful in an aoe build.
- Arcane Spirit and Ancestral Order - These gives you high toughness and recovery without sacrificing too much agility. This changes depending on the situation.
- Feedback - This gives your melee back faster, which helps chaining enemies.
- Arc Web - Required for hitting as many enemies as possible.
That's it for my Stormcaller class guide for Destiny: The Taken King. Let me know if you have any builds of your own!