New World Harvesting Leveling Guide
Leveling Harvesting and other trade skills in New World is an integral part of progression, and it ties into the robust crafting system as you'll need plenty of resources.
Harvesting is one of the most important gathering skills in the game, as it's used to get herbs, fungi, elements, and more. If you're looking to efficiently level Harvesting in New World, here's everything you need to know.
How to Level Harvesting in New World
Harvesting requires at least a Flint Sickle, which can be crafted by simply having one Flint and one Green Wood. Each time you harvest something you'll get a bit of Harvesting XP, meaning the more you do it the faster you'll level up.
As you level up Harvesting you'll open up the option to harvest more diverse plants. As a rule of thumb, you'll want to harvest the highest level of plant you currently can as it will reward more XP. Here's an overview of the levels and various plants
- Farm Plants - Harvest at Level 0 (Track at Level 20)
- Fungi - Harvest at Level 0 (Can't track)
- Hemp - Harvest at Level 0 (Track at Level 25)
- Magical Creatures - Harvest at Level 0 (Track at Level 175)
- Magical Plants - Harvest at Level 30 (Track at Level 45)
- Silkweed - Harvest at Level 100 (Track at Level 125)
- Wirefiber - Harvest at Level 175 (Track at Level 200)
Once you can track each of these types of plants keep an eye out for big pockets on your map. Alternatively, there's a fan-made interactive map that's been circulating, and you can use that to search for specific types of plant, like Hemp. If you're having trouble finding a lot of plants, just use the map to bring up the nearest locations and Harvest everything.
There are a variety of ways to give you some bonuses to help with leveling Harvesting or just to get more rare yields overall.
First off, the Intelligence attribute directly affects your Harvesting bonuses, so the more points you sink into it the better things will go. At 50 and 200 points you gain a boost to Harvesting Speed, which will help you gain experience faster. Crafting better sickles with different materials can also significantly speed up your Harvesting.
Two other ways to bump up your speed are with Proficiency Booster potions (boost the amount of materials harvested) and food (boosts your luck).
Potions can be crafted using the Arcana skill, while food is done with the Cooking skill. Here are the dishes you'll want to make, and the added luck can lead to both more resources and better resources, which then translates to more experience.
- Cooked Corn - Increases Harvesting luck by 1000 points for 20 minutes.
- Cornbread - Increases Harvesting luck by 1400 points for 25 minutes.
- Herb-Crusted Corn on the Cob - Increases Harvesting luck by 1700 points for 30 minutes.
- Breakfast Bread - Increases Harvesting luck by 1900 points for 35 minutes.
- Spicy Steak Pie - Increases Harvesting luck by 2000 points for 40 minutes.
Finally, if you craft a piece of equipment with the Steel Botantist's Charm, you'll receive a three percent boost to your Harvesting experience. These charms can be picked up from Supply Caches, or sometimes looted from a variety of enemies, like Skerryshiv Axeman.
With all that in mind, you should be able to speed up leveling Harvesting as long as you stick with it and gather a lot of items. Check out our other New World guides, if you need even more help.