Stardew Valley - How to Get the Mayor's Shorts
There are lots of fun little things to collect in Stardew Valley, and the Mayor's purple shorts are one of them. But getting this particular piece of clothing has a lot of players stumped, as their location isn't quite obvious when you first get the quest to pick them up.
How do you get the Mayor's shorts? The answer is simple, so long as you're good at making friends -- and this quick guide will help you out!
How to Get the Mayor's Shorts in Stardew Valley
The shorts you seek are in Marnie's bedroom. But you can't just walk in there. Oh no, my friend. You must first beguile and charm Marnie into believing that the two of you are best buddies.
You can do this by collecting Sweet Peas (or a variety of other treats). Sweet Peas can be found by foraging for them in the Summer, or you can grow them from Summer wild seeds.
Once you've collected your Sweet Peas, give them to Marnie. In return, she will trust you. It also helps if you build your friendship to level 2 by doing all of the missions that she assigns you.
After that, she'll let you in her room, where you'll be able to find the shorts!
That's all there is to it! Good luck befriending Marnie, and in all the rest of your Stardew Valley adventures! If you need more help with the game, check out the rest of our guides as well:
- The Most Common Mistakes New Players Make in Stardew Valley
- Stardew Valley Complete Steam Achievement Guide
- Stardew Valley Guide: Where and How to Find The Best Gear and Clothes
- Stardew Valley Villager Likes and Dislikes Guide
- Stardew Valley Marriage Guide: How to Woo and Marry
- Stardew Valley Beginner's Tips for the Ambitious Farmer Without a Clue
- Stardew Valley Hat Guide to Get You Lookin' Good
- Stardew Valley Food and Recipe Stat Buff Guide
- Stardew Valley Guide to Crops for the Busy Farmer
- Stardew Valley Guide to Pretty Much Every Price You Want to Know (Part 1)
- Stardew Valley Guide to Pretty Much Every Price You Want to Know (Part 2)