After you solve the Missing Jewel case in Detective Pikachu Returns, you’ll follow Tim and Pikachu to the Southern Ruins to meet Professor Gordon. In an interesting turn of events, this becomes the location of your next case. As you explore the area to find the Professor, you’ll stumble upon three homesick Minior. Here’s how to free Minior and send them back to the stars in Detective Pikachu Returns.
How to Free Minior in Detective Pikachu Returns
How to Free Minior
You’ll first meet Minior on the ground level inside the Southern Ruins. Thanks to Pikachu’s translation, you learn that Minior is rather homesick. However, you won’t be able to lend a helping hand at the moment you cross paths. To send the Pokemon home, you’ll first need to recruit a Pokemon that’s strong enough to break its tough outer shell. In this case, you’ll require Darmanitan’s assistance.
This will occur as you follow the natural progression of events inside the ruins, so don’t worry about Minior just yet. Once you’ve managed to get Darmanitan on the impromptu search and rescue team, you can head back to each of the three Minior found inside the ruins. To free them, have Darmanitan punch through their shells with the R button.
I was hesitant to try this on my own playthrough, as it seemed like poor manners. That said, Minior is beyond grateful for your help. With its heavy shell in pieces, the Pokemon is able to head back home amongst the stars now that it’s feeling much lighter.
Where to Find Minior
- The first Pokemon is located in the far left room on the first floor, B1.
- This is the room that houses the three Passimian murals, where you first found Slowpoke trapped inside a block of ice.
- The other two Minior are both found on the next floor, B2.
- One is located just outside the room in which Professor Gordon was trapped. You’ll see it lingering by the entrance when you manage to break through the wall.
- The last Minior is found inside the room with an illustration of a Clefairy and footprints on the wall.
Related: All Southern Ruins Quiz Answers
Be sure to track down each of these Pokemon while you’re navigating the ruins with Pikachu on the back of Darmanitan. If you’d rather solve the case before offering your help, then you can head back inside with Darmanitan before your trip back to Ryme City.
That’s how to free Minior in Detective Pikachu Returns and send them back home. For more tips on cracking the next case, visit our dedicated guides hub for Detective Pikachu Returns, which has other articles, such as how to find the Lost Gossifleur.