Both Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition are finally out — and both pose the question to new players: “Display or Home Theater?”.
One edition brings brand-new content to console players, while the other finally brings the lauded JRPG to PC players. However, both editions of the game ask the same question at startup. Here’s what it means and what you should pick.
Which Sound Option Should I Choose?
Ultimately, this question in Final Fantasy 15 comes down to your sound setup — not the type of display you’re using. Essentially, it’s asking if you’re using your T.V. or monitor speakers, budget computer speakers, or a home surround sound system.
In this case, the T.V. option means you’re using stereo sound, while the home theater option means you’re probably using surround sound. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Television or Monitor: This is the option you’ll choose for a two-channel stereo setup. Choose this if you’re using your screen’s built-in speakers or low-end computer speakers.
- Home Theater: This is a DTS or Dolby 5.1/7.1 surround sound setup. Choose this if you’re using a high-end arrangement with satellite speakers or a quality soundbar.
Also of note, your choice could also impact the sound quality of your favorite gaming headset. If you’re using a headset like the Logitech G533 for FFXV Windows Edition, you’re going to want to choose the home theater option since that headset is set up for surround sound. However, if you’re playing FFXV Royal Edition on console and using a lower-end headset or one built for stereo, you’re going to want to choose display for the best audio quality.
And that’s all you need to know about getting your sound right in Final Fantasy 15. If you’re looking for more tips and strategies for this popular JRPG, make sure to check out our other FFXV guides! Here are a few to get you started:
- How to Farm EXP and Level Up Faster
- 15 Best Weapons and Their Locations
- Techniques Ascension Grid Guide
- Combat Ascension Grid Guide
- How and Where to Find the Elusive Cactuar
- FFXV First Person Mode Guide