It doesn’t take long for mod creators to get cracking on games in Unity, often to the benefit of players. In this guide, I’ll go over how to get the Bigger Lobby mod in Lethal Company so you can play with up to 20 people at once.
How to Use the Bigger Lobby Mod in Lethal Company
Four funny little orange men scavenging scrap and dying in awful ways is all kinds of fun, but 20 little orange men scavenging scrap and dying in awful ways is a party! The game gets considerably easier with more people in a crew, and even more fun if at least a few of those people are your friends.
The Bigger Lobby mod is the most popular Lethal Company multiplayer mod. While it requires an extra step to install compared to MoreCompany, it has more features and is ultimately more stable. Either is fine to use, but I’m focusing on Bigger Lobby here.
You can download the BiggerLobby mod from Thunderstore, which offers an app to manage your mods. Frankly, I don’t recommend downloading the Thunderstore’s mod manager because you’re probably only going to be using it with Lethal Company. It’s not worth installing yet another program just to manage a couple of mods for a small game. That’s just my opinion; you do what you want. This guide is going to focus specifically on manually downloading the mod and installing it.
How to Install the Bigger Lobby Mod for Lethal Company
Bigger Lobby requires two separate framework mods to work: BepInEx and LC-API. These instructions go over where to download and where to extract these frameworks, leading up to the final Bigger Lobby installation.
- Go to the BepInEx page and choose to manually download the mod.
- Open the .zip file you downloaded.
- Extract the contents of the BepInExPack folder inside to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Lethal Company directory.
- If you installed Lethal Company to something other than the default directory, right-click the game in your Steam library, then mouse over “Manage,” and click “Browse local files.”
- Head to the LC-API page and choose to manually download the mod.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Lethal Company directory.
- Lastly, download the Bigger Lobby mod and extract the contents of its .zip file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Lethal Company directory.
- Run the game.
You’ll be able to tell you’re running with Bigger Lobby when you get into the game and it gives you a notification about its current version and that you’re behind. Spoilers: You’re not. Check out the lobby list to make sure you’re all good to go, you should see multiple mod lobbies available to join. Then, you can either make your own or hop into one of the public lobbies to get your scrap scavenge on.
And that’s all I can say about how to get the Bigger Lobby mod in Lethal Company. Like I said, I don’t recommend using the Thunderstore mod manager. It’s easy enough to install these mods manually; there’s no need to download another proprietary loader just to play the game with a big group. If you found this guide to be a great asset, check out some of our other LC guides here on GameSkinny.