Minecraft is available on plenty of platforms these days, and when it comes to a game that’s available everywhere, crossplay is an amazing option. Thankfully, the game has the feature available for all available systems following the Better Together update. Here’s how to crossplay in Minecraft.
Minecraft is available on Windows 10 (PC), Android, IOS, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. It’s pretty straightforward to access the feature, but it will only work for the newest edition of Minecraft: Bedrock. Simply update your game, and Better Together will be included in your for free.
How to Enable Cross-Play in Minecraft
You’ll need to start off by creating an Xbox Microsoft account here, which is free. The cross-play service is reliant on Xbox for the time being. Any friends you’d like to play with will need to follow these steps as well on their platform of choice. For cross-play to work, you’ll also need to make sure you and your friends are playing on the same edition of Minecraft.
- Xbox: Since the console relies on an Xbox account, you don’t need to do anything to enable cross-play.
- Windows 10 (PC): Open Minecraft and sign in to your Xbox Microsoft account by selecting Sign In.
- PlayStation: Open Minecraft on your console, and choose “Sign in for free.” Sign in with your Xbox Microsoft account.
- Alternatively, you can head to your Friends tab and select “Find Cross-Platform Friends,” and click “Sign in for Free!”. You’ll need to enter a prompted code to complete the account link at the displayed link.
- Nintendo Switch: Open Minecraft on your console and choose “Sign in with a Microsoft Account.” Alternatively, you can head to your Friends tab and select “Find Cross-Platform Friends,” and click “Sign in for Free!”. You’ll need to enter a prompted code to complete the account link.
- Android: Open Minecraft and choose “Sign in with a Microsoft Account.”
- IOS: Open Minecraft and choose “Sign in with a Microsoft Account.”
After following the steps, simply create or load an existing world. After it loads, pause the game and click the “Invite to Game” button, inviting whomever you’d like to join you. If you want to join your friend’s world instead, have them do this step.
Well, that’s it for our guide on how to cross-play in Minecraft. For more tips and tricks, including monthly mods lists, bookmark our Minecraft guides page!