Trophies and achievements are a ubiquitous video game feature that was still just around the corner when the original Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005. Now with Resident Evil 4 Remake, Capcom has added trophies and achievements to this remake of its legendary action game.
As an old school Resident Evil 4 fan, I was impressed by how perfectly these achievements match the tone of game. They’re equal parts challenging and silly, just like Resident Evil 4 Remake. You might just need to consult a list of achievements before you dive into one of the year’s best games.
Completing the full achievement list will have you playing Resident Evil 4 Remake multiple times over — which I recommend anyway, since the game has an excellent New Game+. Earning Trophies and achievements will also let you get most of the game’s hidden accessories. Getting all of them will require many dedicated hours of play, though you can easily skip the opening fight if you choose.
How Many Trophies and Achievements are in Resident Evil 4 Remake?
There are 40 trophies in Resident Evil 4 on PlayStation 4 and PS5. This works out to 1 Platinum, 4 Gold, 10 Silver, and 25 Bronze trophies. There are 39 achievements to get for players on Xbox Series X|S and PC, equalling a total of 1,000 Gamer Score or achievement XP.
Below you will find a complete list of the trophies and achievements you can unlock in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Related: How Many Chapters are in RE4 Remake.
All Resident Evil 4 Remake Trophies and Achievements
- Cuz Boredom Kills Me: Obtain all trophies (PS4/PS5 Platinum).
- Knife Basics: Parry an enemy with the knife.
- My Preferred Place: Upgrade a weapon.
- A Masterpiece: Get the exclusive upgrade for a weapon.
- Nice One, Stranger!: Complete a request for the Merchant.
- Talk About Near-Death Experience!: Rescue Ashley as she’s being carried away by the enemy.
- Revolt Against the Revolting: Destroy a Clockwork Castellan.
- Jack of All Trades: Complete all requests from the Merchant.
- Revolution Wind-Up: Destroy all Clockwork Castellans.
- Promising Agent: Complete the main story on Standard mode or higher.
- Mission Accomplished S+: Complete the main story on Standard mode with an S+ rank.
- Proficient Agent: Complete the main story on Hardcore mode or higher.
- S+ Rank Investigator: Complete the main story on Hardcore mode with an S+ rank.
- Sprinter: Complete the main story within 8 hours.
- Frugalist: Complete the main story without using a recovery item.
- Minimalist: Complete the main story using only knives and handguns [Including specific battles].
- Silent Stranger: Complete the main story without talking to the Merchant once.
- Shield Your Eyes: Defeat 3 enemies at once with a flash grenade.
- Never Heard It Coming: Defeat a Garrador using only knives.
- Two Bugs, One Stone: Kill 3 parasites inside a Regenerator with a single bullet.
- Overkill: Use a cannon to defeat a zealot.
- Hope You Like Thrill Rides!: Make it through both mine cart sections in the underground tunnel without taking damage.
- Capacity Compliance: Reach the top of the clock tower without the lift stopping once.
- Smooth Escape: Escape on the water scooter without taking any damage.
- Astute Appraiser: Sell a single treasure for at least 100000 ptas.
- Bandit: Obtain all treasures indicated on the Village treasure map in a single playthrough.
- Raider: Obtain all treasures indicated on the Castle treasure map in a single playthrough.
- Burglar: Obtain all treasures indicated on the Island treasure map in a single playthrough.
- Gun Fanatic: Obtain all weapons.
- Amateur Shooter: Complete a game at the shooting range.
- Real Deadeye: Earn an S-rank in all games at the shooting range.
- Trick Shot: Shoot through and destroy 5 targets at the shooting range with a single shot.
Hidden Trophies and Achievements
- You’re Small Time! Defeat Osmund Saddler.
- Peerless Agent: Complete the main story on Professional mode.
- Grilled Big Cheese: Defeat Bitores Mendez.
- No Thanks, Bro! Defeat Ramon Salazar.
- Harpoon Hurler: Defeat Del Lago.
- Wave Goodbye, Right Hand: Defeat the Verdugo.
- You Used to Be a Good Guy: Defeat Jack Krauser.
- You Talk Too Much! Throw a grenade into Ramon Salazar’s mouth.
Those are all of the trophies and achievements in Resident Evil 4 Remake. You’ll need to know how to kill Chainsaw Guy. And don’t forget the gold chicken egg, which I find to be a great early-game way to earn easy money. For puzzle guides, where to find secret weapons, and more, head over to our guides hub for the game.
Featured image via Capcom.