Tricky brain teasers are found all over a snow-capped zone in a mysterious location. Our guide discusses how to solve the Desolate Island High Ground puzzle in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve the Desolate Island High Ground Puzzle in The Talos Principle 2
You can solve the Desolate Island High Ground puzzle in The Talos Principle 2 by using blocks and platforms to ensure that all three robots are standing on top of each other. This is Puzzle Room #4 in this sector.
Desolate Island High Ground Puzzle Solution
Below, I outline what I did during my playthrough:
- The first thing I noticed was that there were two additional robot duplicates, other than 1K, of course. There’s also a Hexahedron block, as well as a platform square.
- The initial goal is to find the second platform square. It’s actually well-hidden, as it’s on top of a pillar to the right. Here’s what I did:
- I placed the Hexahedron next to the pillar. Then, I had one droid pick up the platform square.
- Another droid hopped on top of the Hexahedron so it could reach the platform square.
- The droid with the platform square should then jump on the Hexahedron. This allows the droid at the top to grab the second platform square.
The pillar section is actually where the Desolate Island Monument Sprite will float toward after you discover it, so try to make a mental note of the spot. In any case, once I had both platform squares, it was time to get to the top:
- I placed the Hexahedron next to the high wall.
- Have two droids pick up the platform squares.
- The droid that’s not holding anything should climb on the Hexahedron then jump on either platform.
- The bottom of the two stacked droids should then hop on the Hexahedron, then jump to the remaining platform.
- Finally, that last droid should climb on the Hexahedron.
The above allows the topmost droid to reach the terminal, which lets you solve the Desolate Island High Ground puzzle in The Talos Principle 2. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.