Dragon Ball Xenoverse: How to Get Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse lets you create your own character, and that means you can also become a Super Saiyan. You can only do this if you choose Saiyan as your race. You can go up to Super Saiyan 2 on your created character and each has 2 methods to get there.
Some of the methods are pretty difficult and random so I'm going to help by explaining each way to get each version of Super Saiyan. I hope to clear up any confusion. Check out my Dragon Ball Xenoverse Beginner's Guide for more tips and guides on the game.
This guide will go over getting Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 including:
- Super Saiyan - The two methods of getting it.
- Super Saiyan 2 - The two methods of getting it.
- Super Saiyan System - What Super Saiyan does and what it uses.
Method 1 - Available after beating the Frieza Saga in the story
- Go to the 3-Star Parallel Quest - Legendary Super Saiyan.
- You have to defeat Kid Gohan, Picollo, Vegeta, Krillin, and Goku.
- To activate the bonus objective, you have to defeat Goku last.
- When you do this, there is a low chance that Goku will turn Super Saiyan.
- Defeat Super Saiyan Goku for another low chance at getting the Super Saiyan skill.
This is the earliest you can get Super Saiyan, but it is the hardest. Not only do you have to hope that he turns Super Saiyan, you have to hope that you beat him before Frieza dies. Then, you have to hope that he actually gives you the skill.
This is the method I used to get it, but it is very frustrating. I would only try this if you want to get Super Saiyan as early as possible.
Method 2 - Available after the Android Saga in the story.
- This takes place after the Cell Saga in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- The Super Saiyan skill will be available to buy at the skill shop for 50,000 Zeni.
The easiest method is to just buy the skill. There is no chance in this one, just get through the story far enough for it to be in the shop.
Super Saiyan 2
Method 1 - Available during the Cell Saga.
- Go to the 4-star Parallel Quest - The Cell Games Begin.
- You unlock this by completing the Parallel Quest - Multiple Cell Jr. Hunt.
- You have to beat Hercule, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Vegeta, Trunks, Picollo, Goku, and Teen Gohan.
- You get the bonus objective, you have to beat Gohan last.
- Just like the first Super Saiyan strategy, he will have a chance to go Super Saiyan 2 if you complete the bonus objectives, and the drop is a chance as well.
Again, I only suggest this one if you want it earlier than usual.
Method 2 - Available after the Buu saga in the story.
- Buy from the shop for 100,000 Zeni.
- This is the easiest method, but takes longer.
Super Saiyan System
When you go Super Saiyan, it is an Ultimate Skill and a Transformation. It costs 3 Ki bars to use.
- It powers up all your attacks.
- It constantly drains your Ki.
- It gives you a golden aura and turns your hair golden.
- Special and Ultimate attacks won't use Ki during this time.
That's right, the best part of Super Saiyan is unlimited skill use. Even though your Ki drains while Super Saiyan is on, your skill don't use up your Ki.
This is especially useful for using Ultimate skills that usually cost 3 Ki bars. Now, those cost nothing!
- When your Ki completely drains, you leave Super Saiyan and have to fill 3 Ki bars to use it again.
- Use an Energy charge skill to stay in Super Saiyan.
- Energy Charge refills your ki bar as long as you hold the skill down. This can be done while in Super Saiyan.
- There is a slight delay on start-up and at the end, so it is easy to be hit and stopped by enemies.
That wraps up my guide on getting Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Please visit my Beginner's Guide for more guides and tips.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments.