Forza Horizon 5 Convoy Not Working Fix
Convoys are not working for some Forza Horizon 5 players, whether they can't join a convoy or they're immediately booted from any they join. Playground Games are working on this issue, but for now there are some ways you can possible get around a convoy not working in Forza Horizon 5.
Our guide will provide you with a few possible solutions on how to fix convoy not working bug in Forza Horizon 5. Some of these solutions come from official sources, while others have been discovered by players.
Join and Leave Horizon Festival
Before Playground Games come up with the official fix, some of the players have discovered interesting ways to fix the convoy bug.
For example, Reddit user Leather_Blacksmith32 offers the following solution for players who join the convoy but disappear later on and get stuck at the loading screen:
- Join the convoy with your friends
- Travel to the Horizon Festival location and join it
- Leave the Horizon Festival
- Enter the convoy without the bug
This solution seemed to work for many other players, so try it out.
Invite Friends Again
Another convoy bug allows players to invite random players, but won't let their friends online.
The fix to this bug was discovered by Steam user Jasmine, and she suggests the following:
- All parties should enter the game in solo mode
- One of the parties needs to go online first
- Once one of you entered the Horizon Life session, another friend can go online, too
- This second person should see the following message: "A friend is online, do you want to join their convoy?"
- Confirm it by pressing "YES"
This may not work every time, but you need to try it a few times to get it to let you in.
Join Convoy Via Xbox App
Other players have discovered that if they can't join convoy via the game itself, then that can do it through the Xbox app.
But you will need to update your Xbox app to the latest version first:
- Open Microsoft Store
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Select "Downloads and Updates" option
- If there are any new updates available, let them update your app
When this is done, you can open your Xbox app, right-click on your friend's gamertag in the friends list and select "Join the game". They obviously need to be playing Forza Horizon 5 at the moment.
Lastly, if your friend sends you an invite through the game to join their convoy, the invite message may not pop-up in the game itself, but in the Xbox app. So just go there using Alt+Tab key combination to switch between windows and accept the invitation in the Xbox app.
Fix Your Server Connectivity
If you Xbox app is updated, then you can also run a few tests to identify any possible connectivity issues.
Follow these steps to fix your server connectivity:
- Open Xbox app on your PC
- Go to "Settings" menu
- Select "Network" tab
- Wait for all the tests in progress to finish
- Make sure that your "Nat Type" and "Server Connectivity" are "OPEN"
- If there is a "BLOCKED" result in the "Server Connectivity", then select "Click for more information" option below
- Follow all the required steps to fix your connectivity issues
It is also possible that you will have the following error message in the Nat Type: "Teredo is unable to qualify".
Teredo is a networking protocol that is used by Xbox Live servers, so when this protocol is off, you will not be able to join a multiplayer game in Forza Horizon 5.
Here is a quick fix for this problem:
- Press Start button
- Go to "Settings" menu
- Select "Gaming" tab
- Click on the "Xbox Networking" option
- Push the "Fix It" button
Once all the procedures are over and the Nat Type shows "OPEN" status, then it means that you can now successfully join the multiplayer games online.
Forza Support Hotfix
As of now, the developer is well aware of the convoy bug, and the support team is working hard to fix it, as evident by their latest tweet on the official Twitter page that says:
"We are continuing to work on the #ForzaHorizon5 hotfix and hope to have more information to share later this week. As always, we greatly appreciate the patience, support and submitted tickets!"
This means that the official hotfix should be out later this week or next week, if everything goes as planned.
- Forza Horizon 5: How to Buy, Sell, and Gift Cars
- Forza Horizon 5 All Barn Locations
- Forza Horizon 5 Drift Zone Guide
That's all you need to know on how to fix convoy not working bug in Forza Horizon 5. For more tips and tricks check out our other Forza Horizon 5 guides.