Tower of Fantasy: How to Get Dark Crystals
Tower of Fantasy's Dark Crystals are handy and normally you obtain them by simple progression, but there are some other ways to get your hands on extra Dark Crystals when you need some more.
So what are all the ways you can get more? We go over all the ways you can get extra Dark Crystals in the guide below.
How to Get Dark Crystals
Open Supply Pods
Supply pods, unlike password chests, do not respawn and thus can be opened only once. But when you do find a supply pod you can be sure that you will find 20 Dark Crystals inside Type I and 50 Dark Crystals inside Type II pods.
Supply pods also grant a lot of XP, so try to find and open them as soon as possible to get the most XP before your maximum intake is capped for the day.
Collect Official Rewards
Players can also get one-time rewards, which include Dark Crystals, by doing the following:
- Tap on the "Gift Box" (top-right corner).
- Tap on the "Rewards" option (bottom of the screen).
- Select "Follow Us" tab.
- Tap both "Join Now!" buttons.
There is one for Facebook and one for Twitch, which allows you to join the game's official developer channels, rewarding you with 100 Dark Crystals as a result. Don't forget to claim them in your in-game mailbox afterwards.
Complete Newcomer Events
Players can also get rewarded with Dark Crystals by completing the newcomer events in the "Starpath Navigation" menu.
Here's what you need to to do to be able to start these missions:
- Tap on the "Gift Box".
- Tap on the "Newcomer Event".
- Select any mission from the "Starpath Navigation" list.
- Claim your rewards once finished.
Note that these missions are only available for new accounts within their first 21 days.
When you're done with the newcomer missions or you've missed the 21 day deadline, you can switch to the "Mission Terminal" and start unlocking achievements. Follow these steps:
- Tap on the "Terminal" menu.
- Tap on the "Achievements" option.
- Select and complete available missions.
- Claim your rewards, which include Dark Crystals.
Unlock Scenic Locations
There are 23 scenic locations in Tower of Fantasy, and by unlocking each of them you will get 20 Dark Crystals, which promises 460 Dark Crystals once you unlock them all.
You can use our Tower of Fantasy scenic locations guide to claim all these rewards.
In addition to unlocking new vehicles players can start maintaining and upgrading them once they achieve Level 32. By doing so players will also increase their maintenance level, and once they reach Level 5 of maintenance they will be rewarded with 20 Dark Crystals.
Here's how you can maintain vehicles in Tower of Fantasy:
- Tap on the "Vehicles" menu.
- Tap on the "Maintain" option.
- Select an upgrade material from the list.
- Confirm by tapping "Maintain".
If you don't mind spending real money to get Dark Crystals, then you can always do so by purchasing Tanium at the in-game store. Tanium converts to the same amount of Dark Crystals, and here's what you get for your money:
- 60 Tanium = $0.99
- 300 Tanium = $4.99
- 980 Tanium = $14.99
- 1,980 Tanium = $29.99
- 3,280 Tanium = $49.99
- 6,480 Tanium = $99.99
How to Farm Dark Crystals
Claim Weekly Rewards
All the methods listed above grant players only one-time Dark Crystal rewards, but there are also ways of farming the dark currency, one of which involves claiming weekly rewards.
Here is a complete list of all weekly rewards you can claim:
- Seven day sign-in bonus (20 Dark Crystals).
- Weekly activity reward (350 Dark Crystals).
- Crewmate weekly crew reward (100 Dark Crystals).
- Cadre weekly crew reward (120 Dark Crystals).
- Deputy and commander weekly crew reward (150 Dark Crystals).
- Weekly crew missions (50 Dark Crystals).
Note that all these rewards refresh every week, so don't forget to claim them all for free each time.
Farm Apex League
Apex League is a 1v1 PvP mode that allows players to regularly claim Dark Crystals, which is available in the "Challenge" tab of the "Adventure" menu.
Depending on your success and rank your rewards will look like this at the end of each season:
- Private (100 Dark Crystals).
- Elite (200 Dark Crystals).
- Sergeant (300 Dark Crystals).
- Commander (350 Dark Crystals).
- Star General (400 Dark Crystals).
- Battle Lord (450 Dark Crystals).
- Grand Marshal (500 Dark Crystals).
There is also Battle Pass that has a free tier, which allows all players to claim up to 200 Dark Crystals by leveling up at the end of each season.
That's everything you need to know on how to get Dark Crystals in Tower of Fantasy. Also, be sure to check out the rest of our Tower of Fantasy tips and tricks articles while you're here, like our guide to getting the Maglev Stalker, how to dodge, how to reroll, and how to break cracked walls.