Dying Light 2: Where to Find All GRE Anomalies & Locations
Dying Light 2 GRE Anomalies are great sources of combat experience. If you're looking to upgrade your health and stamina, they're also where you can get a handful of Inhibitors. There are 11 locations in total across Old Villedor and the Central Loop.
GRE Anomalies are located in a cordoned-off GRE area, surrounded by high fences and gates with barbed wire, and they can only be accessed at night. Inside, these areas, you'll fight a Revenant, a "super-powered" Infected that flits around the area and can resurrect other Infected, such as Virals, to fight alongside it.
Just like Windmills, GRE Quarantines, and Electrical Substations (to name a few), every GRE Anomaly has a difficulty Rank between 1 and 5. You can see this Rank by pulling up your map and hover over any of the locations. The Rank will appear in the top left portion of the card that appears on the left side of the screen.
Each GRE Anomaly rewards you with combat experience that goes to increasing your overall combat level, as well as 2 Inhibitors each. Further, you'll get two trophies or achievements along the way:
- It Wasn't That Hard, Was It?: Defeat your first GRE Anomaly.
- Revenants: Defeat all GRE Anomalies.
Aside from all of that, these locations are great places to pick up all kinds of goodies, ranging from Immunity Boosters to legendary weapons and high-level gear pieces.
Here are all of the GRE Anomaly locations in Dying Light 2, separated into regions and in order of Rank within those zones.
All GRE Anomalies in Dying Light 2
Old Villedor Locations
There are three GRE Anomalies in Old Villedor, comprising Trinity, Houndfield, and Quarry End. There are none in Horseshoe.
- Trinity — GRE Anomaly C-A-05 (Rank 1): This one is located in eastern Trinity, near the border with Horseshoe. Go 155 meters east from the Bazaar.
- Quarry End — GRE Anomaly C-A-01 (Rank 1): This one is in southern Quarry End. Go 185 meters south from the PK Faction Hub/Main Terminal Station.
- Houndfield — GRE Anomaly C-A-22 (Rank 4): This one is in southwestern Houndfield. Go roughly 240 meters from the Hayward Square Metro. It's just northwest of the Houndfield Electrical Substation, across the chemical field.
Upper Central Loop Locations
There are seven GRE Anomalies in the upper/mid Central Loop area, comprising Downtown, the chemical zone west of Garrison, Garrison itself, The Wharf, Saint Paul Island, and northwestern Lower Dam Ayre.
- Downtown — GRE Anomaly C-A-79 (Rank 2): This one can be found in east-central Downtown. It's 192 meters east of the Downtown Metro Station.
- The Wharf — GRE Anomaly C-A-83 (Rank 3): This one is found in the northwestern portion of The Wharf, just on the border with the outskirts of the map near a chemical zone, underneath a highway overpass. It's 206 meters north/northwest of the Waterside Metro.
- Garrison — GRE Anomaly C-A-78 (Rank 3): This one is in eastern Garrison, by the broken overpass highway interchange. It is 337 meters east of the VNC Tower Metro.
- Garrison — GRE Anomaly C-A-55 (Rank 3): This one is found in extreme northern Garrison, just south of the border with Downtown. It's 346 meters north of the VNC Tower Metro.
- Saint Paul Island — GRE Anomaly C-A-91 (Rank 4): You can find this location in north/central Saint Paul Island. It's 176 meters north (barely northwest) of the Cathedral Metro, just east of the Chapel of the Resurrection.
- Lower Damn Ayre — GRE Anomaly C-A-34 (Rank 5): You can find this one in northwest Lower Dam Ayre, close to the border with Garrison. It's about 146 meters northwest of the South Loop Metro.
- West Garrison Chemical Area —GRE Anomaly C-A-67 (Rank 5): This one can be found 231 meters west of the VNC Tower Metro in Garrison. It's off the main part of the map on the way to the Observatory. Cross the water from Garrison and continue west to find it.
Lower Central Loop Locations
There are two GRE Anomalies in the lower Central Loop region, which comprises Newfound Lost Lands and eastern Lower Dam Ayre.
- Newfound Lost Lands — GRE Anomaly C-A-56 (Rank 5): This one can be found later in Dying Light 2 when you gain better access to Newfound Lost Lands. It's in the northern portion of the zone, near the border with Lower Dam Ayre. It's on a rooftop east of what seems to be a bus station. Go roughly 190 meters south/southwest of the South Loop Metro.
- Lower Dam Ayre — GRE Anomaly C-A-23 (Rank 5): This location can be found in the extreme eastern portion of Lower Dam Ayre, just on the border with Saint Paul Island. It's 242 meters south/southwest of the Cathedral Metro, the closest fast travel point.
And those are all of the GRE Anomaly locations in Dying Light 2. You could easily skip these bits of side content, but completing them helps you become more effective in combat and gives you relatively easy access to 22 Inhibitors. If you plan on exploring for collectibles, taking part in combat challenges, or going for certain trophies or achievements, they're well-worth seeking out. For more tips, head over to our Dying Light 2 guides page.