The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Guide to the Mutagen Transmutator and Mutation
Hello Witchers. CD Projekt RED brings us their DLC "Blood and Wine." This latest installment brings us so much change. In this guide, you'll learn everything about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Mutagen Transmutators and new mutations. So if you were wondering what to do with all those extra mutagens, your prayers are about to be answered.
Be sure to check here for more guides to help you achieve success throughout your journey. For this DLC, we also have a guide to getting started that will help you start off on the right foot.
First thing first, this guide is divided into two main sections:
*Note: All mentioned quests must be completed.
View from the Beauclair Palace
Quests and Merchant
Turn and Face the Strange Quest
This quest will begin with a letter from Yennefer. She tells you about Professor Moreau and his work into Witcher mutations. You will need to locate his journal in the cemetery at the Lebioda's Gate just outside the city. Use the "Old Map of Toussaint," to locate the underwater elven ruin, Dol Naev'de, Valley of the Nine. Here you will fight your way to Professor Moreau's laboratory, where you will learn about his quest to cure the witcher mutations.
He developed a mutated giant centipede albumen, but unfortunately, his experiment failed upon curing the witcher mutations. Professor Moreau, however, succeeded in creating more witcher mutations.
There are twelve new mutation abilities:
- Toxic Blood: Each time you're injured in melee combat, the attacking enemy receives 1.5% damage for every point of your Toxicity level, up to 411% max.
- Euphoria: Each Toxicity point increases damage by swords and sign intensity by 0.75% to 205.5% max.
- Mutated Skin: Each Adrenaline point decreases damage received by 15% (up to 45%).
- Magic Sensibilities: Signs deal critical hit chance and damage increase from 38% to 178% damage. Enemies killed by sign critical hits explode.
- Piercing Cold: When Aard is cast, you have an additional 25% chance of freezing enemies. Those who are simultaneously knocked down and frozen, die. Those not frozen, receive additional 2820 damage.
- Conductors of Magic: When a sword is drawn, magic, unique, and witcher swords increase sign damage by 50%.
- Deadly Counter: Sword attacks deal 25% more damage to human enemies immune to counterattack and monsters.
- Bloodbath: Each fatal blow made by sword dismembers the enemy or activates a finisher. Each blow made in melee combat increases attack power by 5% until combat ends. Bonus is lost upon taking damage.
- Cat Eyes: Crossbow damage increased from 129 to 789 (depending on crossbow equipped) and critical hit is increased by 50%. Enemies hit with full health lose 15% Vitality.
- Metamorphosis: Applying critical effects to enemies activates a random decoction for 120s with no Toxicity cost. The max number that can be activated is three.
- Adrenaline Rush: Sword attack power and sign intensity increase for 30s by 30% for each enemy (after the first). If fighting eleven enemies, the bonus will be 300%.
- Second Life: When Vitality reaches 0, you become temporarily invulnerable and regenerate 100% Vitality.
No Place Like Home Quest
As a payment towards your service for the "Beast of Toussaint," Dutchess Anna Henrietta awards you the vineyard property of Corvo Bianco. Finally, after forever and a day of battles and contracts, Geralt of Rivia has a place to call his very own. What a wonderful "retirement" package!
Corvo Bianco has seen better days, and it's up to you to restore her to her prime. It will definitely cost you some hefty coin too. Purchasing every single upgrade, including those that make the property shine, will cost around 14,000 Crowns. Use the fast travel feature to the property and talk to your majordomo, Barnabas-Basil. You will get a tour and a background history of the vineyard and its former owners. Once completed, he will ask you about renovations.
There are perks you can obtain by sleeping at your home. All that is needed is to select the upgrades. You will need every upgrade to acquire the achievement/trophy.
- Increase Vitality - Bed
- Increase Combat Experience - Library
- Increases Roaches’ Stamina - Stable
- Extra Bombs and Potions - Alchemy Lab (This is found hidden on the property after other renovations have been made.)
- Grow Alchemy Plants - Greenhouse (*Needed for Mutagen Transmutators*)
- Have Friends Over - Guest Room
- Buff Your Weapons and Armor - Armorer’s Table and Grindstone
- Display Weapons and Armor - Weapon Rack and Armor Stand
The greenhouse is the only place to find the specific herbs needed to make the Mutagen Transmutators. I did notice that the only trophies and wall hangings you can place will come from the "Blood and Wine" expansion. Armor stands and weapon displays can use every item you have from throughout the entire game.
The Perfumery Merchant
The Perfumery merchant is located in Beauclair. He tires of the traditional requests. He sells many alchemy items, glyphs, runestones, and:
- Potion of Clearance (1000 crowns)
- Potion of Restoration (1000 crowns; you will need a few of these too)
- Formulas for the Mutagen Transmutators (priced from 190 crowns to 246 crowns; some formulas may be found at random)
The merchant also sells the formulas for the Superior Draconid Oil and Superior Cursed Oil for 142 crowns each.
Unlike the Potion of Clearance that resets your ability points completely, the Potion of Restoration only returns the ability points used towards your new mutations. The mutagens that are used do not get reallocated, this is where Mutagen Transmutators come in handy.
What are Mutagen Transmutators?
Mutagen Transmutators allow you to change the type and color of an existing mutagen. So, in plain English, for your new mutation perks, if you have more blue than green, or red than blue, you can fix that to have the necessary mutagens to acquire these new mutations. The new witcher mutations not only cost Ability Points, but specific mutagens too.
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Blue - 190 crowns
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Blue - 190 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Blue - 209 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Blue - 209 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Blue - 246 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Blue - 246 crowns
Blue Lotus flower is a new ingredient required to make all blue mutagens (Corvo Bianco greenhouse).
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Green - 190 crowns
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Green - 190 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Green - 209 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Green - 209 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Red to Green - 246 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Green - 246 crowns
Nazairi Basil is a new ingredient required to make all green mutagens (Corvo Bianco greenhouse).
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Red - 190 crowns
- Lesser Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Red - 190 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Red - 209 crowns
- Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Red - 209 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Blue to Red - 246 crowns
- Greater Mutagen Transmutator: Green to Red - 246 crowns
Winter Cherry is a new ingredient required to make all red mutagens (Corvo Bianco greenhouse).
Hope this helps. Don't forget to check through The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Master Guide List for more helpful guides, tips, and tricks to assist you throughout your journey.