Fortnite Rubber Duckies & Salty Springs Map Guide
How are we in Week 3 of Season 4 already? I guess time flies when you're fragging your friends in Fortnite Battle Royale! As expected, new challenges are here this week, so let's get to 'em!
There are two main new challenges you will want to jump on as quickly as you can, before other players discover their locations and use them to snipe:
- Traveling to all the rubber duckies found floating in various water locations
- Finding where the Salty Springs treasure map leads!
Fortnite Week 3 Rubber Duckies
Apparently pining for that simpler time when you played in the tub as a kid, the developers have dropped a bunch of rubber duckies across the map in watery locations, and it's your job to find them all.
Like with the gnome hunt from a few weeks back, an audio cue will occur whenever you are near a ducky -- this time a quacking. Since they are all found in water, you can mostly ignore the buildings and stay looking in outdoor areas (although there are two that can spawn in Retail Row, and one in a house pool).
These may spawn in other location as well, just like the gnomes, so if you found your rubber duckies in other spots, be sure to let us know so we can update the list! Here's where they have been discovered by players so far:
- In a bathroom at the northwest end of Retail Row
- Beneath the water tower on the east side of Retail Row
- The northeast corner of Loot Lake, by the docks
- The rocks near the waterfall at the south end of Loot Lake
- The river's end at the very far north end of the map, above Anarchy Acres
- In the pool to the west of Anarchy Acres
- In a pool east of Lonely Lodge
- Northwest of the Moisty Mire crab statue
- The pool in Snobby Shores
- The toilet sculpture at Flush Factory
- The bridge near Lucky Landing
- The south end of Fatal Fields
Fortnite Week 3 Salty Springs Treasure Map
While the treasure map itself is found in Salty Springs, you don't actually have to find it first to get to the treasure, and you can skip that step altogether to go straight to the Battle Star. Landing at Salty Springs isn't a terrible idea this time around, though, as the Battle Star location is just off to the east of that location.
Easiest Fortnite Treasure Hunt Ever?
The treasure hunt location this week should be really obvious to anyone familiar with the Battle Royale map. You don't have to turn it sideways or figure out any landmarks or anything this time.
The location is clearly the end of the curly area on the far east side of the map (northwest of Moisty Mire, east of Salty Springs, and southeast of Retail Row). As usual, when you get close enough to the actual spawn location, the Battle Star will wink into existence, and this time it's right by a tree on a hill.
Your only real competitor here will be the storm if you didn't land close enough to the edge of the map before it starts closing in. As always, be on the lookout for chicken dance-emoting players hiding at the Battle Star location and looking for an early-game fight!
Week 3 Salty Springs Treasure Map Battle Star Location
That's all you need to know to get started on the Week 3 challenges! Still getting a handle on all the Season 4 changes to the Battle Royale map? Check out our other latest Fortnite guides here and earn all those Battle Stars: