Idira Tlass is a powerful, unsanctioned Psyker who can output some great early-game damage but shines in the mid to late-game with massive debuff potential. Bosses with high armor and dodge chance melt before her. Here’s how to make the best Idira build in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.
Tips and Tricks for Building the Best Idira in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
An Operative Psyker combination that’s featured on Idira is a great example of how you don’t have to deal tons of damage to be useful. Instead, Idira specializes in debuffing powerful enemies and stripping them of their defensive stats like dodge or armor percentage.
Our ability choices and talents below will focus on powerful debuffing abilities and Talents that further reduce enemy statistics. That said, Idira can also provide some buffs to your allies through Forewarning and some Talents that boost that ability. Additionally, we’ll be utilizing Sensory Deprivation to debuff bosses and Prescience to empower ourselves, our Cassia, or perhaps our other Operative allies.
As for skills, I prefer specializing Idira for unlocking doors through Tech-Use. If another companion already does that, Logic is also a great choice for some special dialogue options and exploring. In the early game, we’ll be utilizing Idira’s Chain Lightning from her opening Staff to take out groups of weaker enemies, so make sure there are a few of them within 3 cells of each other.
As we progress through Act I, you’ll see our Talent choices shift into a more debuffing playstyle. Either way, you’ll want ranged and melee damage-dealing allies to capitalize on the enemy’s reduced defenses like Argenta or Yrliet and Abelard or Ulfar.
In terms of characteristics, we’ll focus on Perception, as we want to build Idira toward Bounty Hunter. Their Claim the Bounty ability scales greatly with Perception. Lastly, pick up Psi Rating Talents whenever they become available for increased effectiveness for our Psychic powers and Talents. The first one will be on Level 10.
Best Idira Talents to Choose
Let’s go through our Talent choices level by level and highlight the best of them as we go:
- Level 2: Tech-Use or Logic. I recommend picking one and sticking with it, as only the member with the highest relevant skill is used in a test, making jack-of-all-trade characters suboptimal).
- Level 4: Advice and Guidance. This is a great early game buff.
- Level 5: Perception + Predicted Downfall.
- Level 6: Nimble. Pass Unscathed would be better due to our high Perception but that’s only for Navigators. Add Perception.
- Level 7: Sensory Deprivation + Tech-Use or Logic.
- Level 8: Fatebringer + Visions of Doom.
- Level 9: Pick the Heroic Act upgrade that further reduces enemy defenses + Tech-Use or Logic.
- Level 10: Tech-Use or Logic + Perception or Willpower. We can boost Willpower slightly here if you want.
- Level 11: Psy Rating I + Tech-Use or Logic.
- Level 12: Prescience + Obscured Threat.
- Level 13: Mind Siege + Perception.
- Level 14: Perception or Willpower + It Will Not Die.
This Idira build offers a hybrid buff/debuff playstyle where your Sensory Deprivation ability will melt enemy defenses. On the other hand, Forewarning and Prescience will greatly empower your allies with extra Weapon/Ballistic Skill and Armor Penetration in addition to their regular effects. I recommend casting Prescience on fellow Operatives who can benefit from the extra Perception and Intelligence, or on Cassia for the extra Fellowship for Voice of Command.
Best Idira Advanced Archetype Choices
The reason we stacked so much Perception on Idira is that we want to go Bounty Hunter. Claim the Bounty can give you a free attack, but more importantly, we’re here for Raid. Grab Raid as soon as you can, as this is our biggest boss-killer ability.
Raid makes it so that all of our allies deal bonus damage scaling with our Perception. Additionally, pick up Share the Spoils promptly. It will allow you to gain benefits from Prey targets, even if you’re not the one to kill them. As for the Exemplar path, you can find our best Talents here.
That’s our best Idira build in Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. For more content like our Thunderfang choice guide or Eurac V puzzle solution, click the links throughout this article or check out our WH40K Rogue Trader guides hub.