The Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries is a peculiar chest that you can stumble upon during Helltide Events. Opening it is, essentially, a high-risk, high-reward endeavor, owing to its mechanics, as well as the currency required. Our Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries guide takes a look at various locations, as well as what you can expect from this treasure chest.
How to Find and Unlock Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Diablo 4
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Mechanics and Cost
The Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries can only appear during Helltide Events, one of the games many post-campaign activities. Keep in mind that you can only partake in these after clearing the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon so you can switch to World Tier 3: Nightmare. There are also other mechanics in play:
- When you go to a Helltide zone, you’ll see various chests on the world map. Based on their names, they’ll drop an item for a particular slot (i.e., helmets, one-handed weapons, and so on). The Tortured Gift of Mysteries, however, drops random loot for any slot.
- Perhaps the most important factor to consider is that these chests will not show up on the world map from the start. Instead, you’ll need to look for them in particular locations. While these spots are random, there are still some notable spawn points (which I’ll discuss in a while).
- It’s also the most expensive, requiring 175 Aberrant Cinders before you can open one. You’ll have to amass a lot of Aberrant Cinders without dying, or you’ll end up dropping almost half of the amount that you’re carrying.
- It’s quite worth it, though, because these chests tend to reward a lot of legendaries. Some may also roll with Sacred or Ancestral affixes and, if you’re really lucky, you might even get a unique item.
Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries Locations
I’ve completed a lot of Helltide Events already. As such, I’ve listed some of the Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries locations. Bear in mind that this list is not final, since there are likely others that can be discovered later on.
Where to Find Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Fractured Peaks
- In the Frigid Expanse sub-zone east of Kyovashad, you’ll see the Immortal Emanation dungeon. A chest can spawn next to the dungeon’s entrance.
- There’s another potential spawn point in the Frigid Expanse sub-zone. You’ll want to head north from Kyovashad’s eastern exit until you reach a crescent moon-shaped bluff.
- From the Menestad fast travel point, make your way to the northeast. You should see a narrow pass just south of the Mercy’s Reach dungeon.
Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Scosglen Location
- Found in the Cursed Scarps portion of Northshore. It’s close to the bridge leading to Hope’s Light Stronghold.
- There’s a chest on one of the shipwrecks in Hope’s Light Stronghold.
- In the center of the Deep Forest sub-zone.
Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Dry Steppes Location
- In the southeastern corner of the Untamed Scarps sub-zone.
- At the Crucible of Cinder in the Khargai Crags sub-zone. It’s northwest of the Fate’s Retreat fast travel point.
- In the southeastern portion of the Khargai Crags sub-zone.
Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Kehjistan Location
- In a cliffside area to the south of Gea Kul.
- Along the south road in the Southern Expanse sub-zone.
- Directly south of the Altar of Ruin Stronghold.
Diablo 4 Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Hawezar Location
- The southwestern tip of Fethis Wetlands.
- In the middle of Fethis Wetlands just past the wooden bridge.
- There’s a potential spawn point directly west of the Wejinhani fast travel point.
And that’s it. That’s everything you need to know about the Tortured Gift of Mysteries in Diablo 4. For more tips, walkthroughs, and strategies, our Diablo 4 tips hub has you covered.