The Genshin Impact Khvaarena of Good and Evil questline is new to version 3.6 update, which also adds a fresh region to the land of Sumeru. This multi-stage quest takes you to ancient ruins and magical oases across multiple subquests. This is the first portion of our walkthrough guide and includes links to the various other missions you’ll need to complete to finish it.
How to Complete Khvarena of Good and Evil in Genshin Impact
To start the Khvarena of Good and Evil quest chain, open the event panel for Girdle of the Sands. Click on the quest button and track the Splendorous Sky That Day task.
You’ll see that a new region is available just northeast of Wounded Shin Valley and Sands of the Three Canals. Make your way to the first teleporter, which has a glowing marker. Interact with it, and you’ll pick up an odd drum with a Cryo icon.
Go back to Katheryne in Sumeru City and talk to her about the drum. This places the next marker on your map, which takes you further into the first main area, Gavireh Lajavard.
Upon arriving there, you’ll meet a Pari nymph named Sorush. This floating companion is a lot haughtier than Paimon, and she’ll guide you along the way. We discuss her abilities further in our Genshin Impact Sorush puzzles and usage guide.
In any case, continue following Sorush until you arrive at Tunigi Hollow, a place with jagged crystalline formations and a magical rift. Surosh will lead you through an underground tunnel, taking you to the Realm of Farakhert, the second major area.
This is where you’ll find the Vourukasha Oasis, a tranquil den with a gigantic tree. Once you talk to the first Pari named Zurvan, this will conclude the first step of the Khvarena of Good and Evil quest chain.
Additional Khvarena of Good and Evil Quests
What’s next in the Khvarena of Good and Evil questline? Well, you’ve got your work cut out for you since this quest chain has four more stages. We cover each of them in the guides linked below:
- 1-A. Asipattravana Itihasa: You’ll have to cleanse corruption using Sorush’s bombardment capabilities.
- 1-B. Awakening’s Real Sound: Look for the Kory Drums and play them correctly.
- 2. Khvarena’s Light Shows: Delve deep into the ancient ruins and power up the control circuits.
- 3. Hymn of Tir Yazad: Rid this land of decay and finish the Khvarena of Good and Evil quest chain.
Apart from these subquests in the Khvarena questline, you’ll also want to take note of other related objectives and mechanics, such as:
- Sorush Puzzles: Sorush acts as a gadget with various uses.
- Kory Drum Puzzles: Play the right sounds based on the clues.
- Pale Fire: This becomes available after talking to Zurvan. You’ll have to cleanse various Fravashi Trees in the region.
- Heart of Amrita: This also becomes available after talking to Zurvan. You’ll need to collect Plumes of Purifying Light.
- Monumental Study: You’ll have to complete the entirety of the quest chain. You’ll then look for the Lost Monument Fragments.
And that’s how you complete the first portion of the Khvarena of Good and Evil quest in Genshin Impact. Bookmark this page and use the links above to find more walkthroughs for the rest of the newest main missions in the 3.6 update.
Featured image by GameSkinny.