GameSkinny Weekend Download: Diablo DLC, Call of Duty, PS5 Details, Dauntless, More
This week, GoG released some old, but new Diablo DLC, Sony unveiled some new details on the PlayStation 5, we learned that the new Call of Duty would have crossplay, and the hammer is bad-ass in Dauntless.
We also took a look at Stadia, including its release date, price, and games. Netflix is making a show based on Magic: The Gathering. Shenmue 3 got delayed again, and there's a lot more.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy. It's the weekend. What else are you gonna' do? Play video games?
- GOG Adds Hellfire Expansion To Original Diablo
The unofficial Hellfire expansion is now available for the base Diablo game for GOG users. Read more.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Crossplay Clarified, Will Be Similar to Fortnite
Call of Duty Modern Warfare crossplay will, indeed, see PC, PS4, and Xbox One take aim at one another. But players won't have to worry about mouse and keyboard being better than a controller. Read more.
- PlayStation CEO Talks Cross-Generational Play, More PS5 Details
Jim Ryan shares several new details about the next-gen PlayStation, including crossplay and a few tech specs. Read more.
- Shenmue 3 Delayed Three Months for "Refinement"
The long-awaited RPG now has a new release date to make room for what the creator and developer are calling refinements. Read more.
- Netflix Developing Magic: The Gathering Series
Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo are overseeing the upcoming animated series. Read more.
- Google Stadia Presentation Reveals Stadia Pro, Dozens of Games
Google Stadia's looking to launch with a healthy library and a subscription service. Read more.
- Listen to Almost Every Final Fantasy Soundtrack On Spotify and Apple Music
Pining for almost every single FF soundtrack in one place? Apple and Spotify heard your cries and now host more than 100 hours worth of Final Fantasy music. Read more.
- Dragon Quest Walk Coming to Android and iOS
Dragon Quest Walk implements Pokemon GO style gameplay with more traditional RPG elements for an experience that it seems only Japanese players will get to enjoy. Read more.
- Dragon Quest XII in Development, But Still a Ways Off
Dragon Quest Walk looks great, but Dragon Quest XII being confirmed is pretty exciting. Read more.
- Malkavian Clan Steps Out of the Coffin in Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines 2
The final clan included in the launch version of Vampire: Masquerade — Bloodlines 2 has been released. Read more.
- Microsoft Reveals Deals Unlocked for E3 Week, New XB1S Fortnite Bundle
Microsoft enters the E3 sale fray with a brand-new special edition Xbox One S bundle and plenty of deals on games, gaming rigs, and more. Read more.
- Sony Opens Early Access for New PS4 Party Features
Your PS4 Party is about to get a whole lot bigger (eventually), plus Sony's bringing some new accessibility features to its Party Chat system. Read more.
- June's Pokemon Direct Introduces Gen VIII Pokemon, Wild Area, Dynamaxing
From new legendaries Zathian and Zamazenta, to the huge, open Wild Area, Raid Battles, the return of Gym battles, and more, today's Pokemon Direct was packed full of info. Read more.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Creator Still Interested in Castlevania
Koji Igarashi told Gematsu that he would be open to more Castlevania games in the future. Read more.
- New Darksiders Entry To Go Top Down, ARPG Route
Focusing on Strife, the side entry Darksiders: Genesis moves away from the franchise's previous style to offer up a classic Diablo style. Read more.
- Set Sail On Your Table With Sea of Thieves Roleplaying Game
Sea of Thieves is receiving a tabletop RPG version with a box set, or a PDF rules set for those who want to play now. Read more.
- ARK: Survival Evolved Mod Contest Roars to Life With $35,000 Prize Pool
The fourth ARK Modding Contest has started with $35,000 in prizes up for grabs. Read more.
- Cuphead Coming to Tesla Vehicles After Deal Between Automaker and Studio MDHR
The acclaimed cartoon run-and-gun game Cuphead will be coming to select Tesla vehicle models in the future through a partnership with Studio MDHR. Read more.
- Report Projects Video Games Industry to Hit $179 Billion By 2024
The Global Video Game Market is forecasted to grow through 2024 with advancements in technology and product development. Read more.
- Intellivision Amico To Debut Behind Closed Doors at E3 2019
Intellivision CEO Tommy Tallarico has announced in a newsletter that their upcoming Micro-console the Amico will debut behind closed doors at E3 2019. Read more.
- Latest Vambrace: Cold Soul Update Gives Players New Game+, More
Update 1.06 brings character buffs and New Game+ to Vambrace: Cold Soul. Read more.
- Slime Rancher to Get Glitches — On Purpose
Slime Rancher's next update introduces new slimes to catch, new gadgets, and first paid DLC. Read more.
- Long Lost Press Kit for Vib Ribbon Discovered by Online Artist "Ribbon Black"
Online artist "Ribbon Black" has discovered a long-lost press kit release of the PS1 classic Vib Ribbon, unearthing a trove of previously unreleased information. Read more.
- THQ Nordic Announces SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
THQ Nordic has made real its promises to remake the licensed Nickelodeon game classic. Read more.
- Grandia HD Collection and Remaster Finally Coming Soon to Switch and PC
The Grandia and Grandia II remakes are getting a release date in the near future, giving a new generation the chance to play these cult classic RPGs. Read more.
- Subnautica Below Zero Update Adds Double-O Spy Penglings, New Biomes, Teleportation
Subnautica Below Zero's Spy Pengling Update expands the world of Planet 4546B. Read more.
- Playtonic Announces Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Playtonic's dynamic duo is coming back for more in a brand-new Yooka-Laylee sequel that isn't afraid to shake the formula up a bit. Read more.
- Pathologic 2's Difficulty Sliders Arrive — And They Work Both Ways
Don't want to constantly manage your hunger and thirst, or prefer an even more unforgiving experience? Thanks to the difficulty sliders, you can now play this game any way you please! Read more.
- Vambrace: Cold Soul Original Soundtrack Now Available
Jam out to the tunes of Delearch and Icenaire while on the go. Read more.
- Fallout 76 To See Major Combat Changes Later This Month
Major overhauls are due later this month to drastically change the speed and flow of combat in Fallout 76. Read more.
- Atlus Repeats Persona 5: Royal Isn't Coming to the Switch — Yet
Persona 5: Royal isn't coming to the Switch, says Atlus one more time. Only this time, it's in an official FAQ — an FAQ that also continues to offer hope it might come to the Switch after all. Read more.
- Cooking Simulator Review: Good Eats
The simple fact that Cooking Simulator does what it says on the label makes it a must-have for anyone who loves cooking as much as they love gaming. Read more.
- GameSir GM300 Mouse Review: Surprisingly Good & Customizable
The GM300 is a customizable ambidextrous mouse that might be budget, but it sure as hell isn't cheap. Read more.
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless Review: A Solid Wireless Offering
The Cloud Stinger Wireless might be twice as much as the wired model, but it's one of the best wireless gaming headsets under $100. Read more.
- Trover Saves the Universe PC Review: A Veritable Riot in VR
A surprisingly entertaining platformer smothered in Roiland-brand humor. Trover Save the Universe is a title well worth playing whether you have a VR headset or not. Read more.
- Hyperkin Looks to Fill the N64 Mini Void with New Retron Console
It's looking like the N64 mini won't be a thing after all, but Hyperkin is stepping up to fill that gap with a new N64 emulator console. Read more.
- Barotrauma Impressions: Unique Roleplaying in An Unforgiving Ocean
Barotrauma has its issues, but you'll be hard-pressed to find another multiplayer roleplaying game as tense and engaging. Read more.
- MtG: 15 Best Modern Horizons Cards for Limited
Get your drafting to the next level during the Modern Horizons limited events with the help of these 15 best cards from the newest MtG set. Read more.
- MtG: 15 Most Expensive Modern Horizons Cards
Feel the need to invest into Modern Horizons singles? Here is a list of the 15 most promising MtG cards from the newest Modern set. Read more.
- Code Vein Network Test Impressions: Does It Suck?
The Network Test for Code Vein has revealed a bit more about the game. Is it worth staking your life on, or is it like getting blood from a stone? Read more.
- 5 Things Shantae 5 Needs to Push the Series Forward
With Shantae 5 officially on the horizon, and hype for the series gradually growing, let's list off a few things that fans may want to see in the newest installment. Read more.
- Dauntless Guide: How to Get Light's Virtue
Learn how to obtain Light's Virtue by hunting Rezakiri in Dauntless, as well as which utility cells to use with it. Read more.
- How to Get the Godhand Exotic War Pike in Dauntless
Looking for a way to craft the Godhand? Here is a complete list of all reagents required for the Rezakiri weapon in Dauntless. Read more.
- How to Stagger Behemoths in Dauntless
While other weapons in Dauntless can inflict stagger damage, the hammer is your best friend. Read more.
- Warhammer Chaosbane Blessing Guide: How Gem Combinations Work
Not quite sure what all those different colored gems do or how to link them together? We walk you through every stop of the Chaosbane blessing mechanic! Read more.
- Warhammer Chaosbane Build Guide — Konrad Vollen Chaos 5 Viable Build
Not quite sure how to build the imperial soldier to take on bosses in the hardest difficulty levels? We show you two Chaos 5 viable builds focused on area fire attacks or ranged damage! Read more.
- How to Make Smooth Stone in Minecraft
How to get Smooth Stone to get your Blast Furnace up and running! Read more.
- How to Tame and Breed Cats in Minecraft
How to tame and breed cats in Minecraft. Fill those villages, adventurers! Read more.
- How to Find Treasure Chests in Minecraft
Here are all possible locations in Minecraft that generate treasure chests with loot. Read more.
- How to Tame Gargoyle in PixARK
Having trouble taming Gargoyle in PixARK? Here's a simple step-by-step guide to help you out. Read more.
Check back next weekend for another roundup of news, reviews, guides, and features.