GameSkinny Weekend Download: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Nintendo's Joy Con Lawsuit, Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw, and More
This week, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 dominates our Switches, while Nintendo faces a lawsuit about Joy-Con drift — and even changes its policies about controller repair and replacement.
In our culture section, we talk to Travis Baldree about Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw, getting all kinds of good tidbits about the upcoming space-sim/ARPG, including the game's length, story direction, and why the dev team doesn't really want you to grind.
Rounding things out, we've got the usual collection of guide content for a ton of recent games, including MUA 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Madden 20, Yu-Gi-Oh!, GTA Online, and more, notwithstanding the glut of reviews we've got on deck.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy. It's the weekend. What else are you gonna do? Play video games?
- Mega Man X Dive (Mega)Busting Onto Smartphones
Capcom announced Mega Man's first mobile outing with Mega Man X Dive, a mashup title tasking players to set the MMX world back to rights after something goes terribly wrong.
- Nintendo Faces Another Lawsuit, This Time for Joy-Con Drift
Joy-Con drift has been a problem for some since the Switch launched, but one consumer is taking his grievances with the controllers to the next level.
- Nintendo Issues a Response to the Joy-Con Lawsuit Problem — Sort of
Nintendo reaffirms its commitment to providing fun experiences and good service to its users amid a lawsuit targeting Joy-Con drift.
- Nintendo Reportedly Offering Free Joy-Con Repair After Policy Change
A leaked internal memo suggests Nintendo is offering free Joy-Con repair and shipping if standard troubleshooting doesn't fix the issue.
- Summer Sale Unleashes Four Weeks of Big PlayStation Store Discounts
Miss out on the last PlayStation Store sale? That's okay. There's are even more savings on the horizon with the PS Store's Celebrate Summer sale.
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.6 Update Seeks to Corral Seditious Frontiers
Play cops and robbers with the newest Star Citizen Alpha patch, which overhauls the law and order system while ushering in a few new stellar tidbits.
- Pokemon Masters Release Date Announced, Pre-Registration Open Now
Pokemon Masters is out soon, with a bunch of new trailers to ease you into the game's mechanics. Plus there's new info about the Sync Pair gacha system.
- Monster Rancher Officially Getting a Port for Its Birthday
Classic monster raising sim Monster Rancher is getting a modern port. How's disc summoning going to work, anyway?
- Super Mario Maker 2 Course Upload Limit Increased to 64
Course makers aren't tied to just 32 upload slots anymore as Nintendo doubles the limit to 64.
- EA Access Live on PS4 — Here are the Games You Get
Here are all the EA Access PS4 games you get with a subscription.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses to (Eventually) Get Extra Difficulty Mode
If you don't see Lunatic Mode when you boot up Fire Emblem: Three Houses the first time, fear not. It's on the way.
- PSA: Moonlighter, This War of Mine Free on Epic Games Store
Two immensely fantastic games are free on the Epic Games Store this month. Don't let pride get in the way of picking them up.
- Epic Games Store Finally Adds Cloud Saves, But Only for a Handful of Games
It's two months later than initially promised, but Epic is rolling out cloud saving for its games — or, rather, for a couple of them.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Review — Heroic Hack and Slash
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is a more-than-solid release that will interest most Switch owners. While some fans of the original games might have gripes, it's still likely to be a solid choice.
- Super Mega Baseball 2 Ultimate Edition Review: The All-Star Game
While Zelda and Mario rightfully sell Switches all on their own, for baseball fans, Super Mega Baseball 2 is a supreme mix of arcade and sim, and makes for an understated killer app for Nintendo's console.
- Night Call Review: Stories That Last Everlong
Night Call is an intriguing ride through Paris full of intriguing tales and conversations. Too bad its detective elements aren't as compelling.
- Automachef Review: Pleasant Programming
Automachef is a challenging puzzle game with a unique presentation, but it can get a bit too repetitive for its own good.
- Vane Review: What a Beautiful Mess This Is
A beautiful world begging to be explored falls victim to unclear direction and clunky controls, making for a disaster instead of a delight.
- Gorn Review: Heavy Metal Battles
Gorn is challenging, horrifying, hilarious, and a genuine joy to play. It manages to be brilliant in both short bursts and long sessions.
- Fantasy Strike Review: Steamlined Fighting
Fantasy Strike is a well-designed fighter that may have trouble sustaining a long-lasting audience.
- A Place for the Unwilling Review: Pushing Back the Shadows
A Place for the Unwilling offers a delightfully sinister tale of mystery and destruction with a staggering number of branching paths that guarantee no playthrough will be the same.
- Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot Review — A Shallow Shooting Gallery That's Lacking Lore
Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot leaves you wanting more: more depth, more authenticity, and — most of all — more substance.
- "We Want You to be Doing Cool Things": Double Damage Games Talks Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw
Travis Baldree of Double Damage Games discusses the changes, lessons, and design decisions that informed the forthcoming space-combat game Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw.
- Why the Expansion Pass Model is Made for Fire Emblem
Expansion passes might not get a lot of love for various reasons, but some franchises are ready-built to make the most of them, and that's definitely true for Fire Emblem.
- The 10 Best Super Mario Maker 2 Levels So Far
We've scoured Course World for the ten absolute best Super Mario Maker 2 courses so far. Let's-a-GO!
- Gloomhaven Early Access Impressions: Bringing the Big Box to Your Desktop
Gloomhaven is a spot-on digitized version of the tabletop game, but it's still extremely early in its development cycle.
- Oninaki Demo Impressions: Is It a Rehash or Rebirth for Tokyo RPG Factory?
Oninaki has some combat issues, but its plot and setting hold a lot of promise for the full game when it launches.
- 5 Biggest Changes to Gears 5 — The Good, The Bad, and The Inverse Omen
Gears 5 storms on Xbox One and PC on September 10, just seven weeks away. Prepare yourself for the biggest changes to the chainsawing bloodfest right here.
- How to Find Rockbomb Shards in Dragon Quest Builders 2
This guide shows you how and where to find Rockbomb Shards in Dragon Quest Builders 2.
- How to Make the Pool of Paradise in Dragon Quest Builders 2
Here's how to build the Pool of Paradise in Dragon Quest Builders 2. Building the pool will get you the Scandalous Swimsuit.
- How to Build the Playful Park in Dragon Quest Builders 2
Wondering how to build the Playful Park in Dragon Quest Builders 2? Look no further.
- How to Build the Petting Zoo in Dragon Quest Builders 2
Wondering how to build the Petting Zoo in Dragon Quest Builders 2? It's as easy as building two rooms and putting them together. Here's how.
- How to Find Silvery Sludge in Dragon Quest Builders 2
Silvery Sludge is hard to get, but it's worth knowing where and how to find it. This guide shows you two good farming locations for the crafting material.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Synergy Guide
Tired of throwing out abilities and not doing any damage? Sick of guess the effects of your Synergy attacks? This guide's got you covered.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Controller Support Explained
Worried that MUA 3 doesn't have support for a certain controller? Check here to find out which controllers are supported.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Best Teams Guide
Let's go over the four of the best teams to play through Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Secret Characters
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is the kind of game that begs you to unlock every character. If you're still not there, we have you covered with our secret characters guide.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: 11 Best Cards From Rising Rampage
Rising Rampage, the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! expansion, is finally available in North America, and here are some of the best new cards that will define the meta.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Best Decks for Rising Rampage Meta
Here are four of the best meta decks for the Rising Rampage expansion in Yu-Gi-Oh! with full decklists.
- All the New Cars to Look for in GTA Online's Casino Update
The big casino update's bringing over 20 new cars to Los Santos. Here's a list of all of them.
- How to Sell Apartments in GTA Online
Looking for a way to sell your apartments in GTA Online? Here's a simple solution that will help you out.
- How to Host Casino Missions in GTA Online
It can be hard to host new casino mission in GTA Online, but here's a quick step-by-step solution for both console and PC players.
- Madden NFL 20 Guide: How to Throw a Touch Pass
To really become a field general, follow our guide on how to throw a touch pass in Madden 20 and put the ball on the money.
- Madden NFL 20 Guide: How to Run the Ball
If you're needing help with how to run the ball in Madden NFL 20, we've got a full breakdown with fresh tips right here.
- Madden NFL 20 Guide: How to Get Interceptions and Play Pass Defense
Many say if you win the turnover battle, you likely win the game. If you want to improve your ability to intercept defenders, we've got your guide. Here's how to get interceptions in Madden NFL 20.
- How to Get Custom Skins for Minecraft Xbox One
Wondering whether Minecraft on Xbox lets you use custom skins? There's a very, very short answer to that question.
- Pokemon GO Purify Guide: How to Do it and Why You Want to
Shadow Pokemon have arrived in Pokemon GO! But how do you Purify Shadow Pokemon, and why would you want to? We've got the answers to your burning questions.
- Gloomhaven Beginner's Guide From Bottom to Top
Gloomhaven brings in a lot of mechanics from its tabletop inspiration — here's what you need to know to get started.
- Killsquad Guide: What Vector Is and How to Level It
Can't figure out what Vector level does and how to increase it in Killsquad? Here's a quick guide to help you out.
Check back next weekend for another roundup of news, reviews, guides, and features. Be sure to check previous weeks for more content:
- Gears 5 Bans Smoking, Nintendo Recharges, and Gamestop Goes Retro to Stay Alive
- Nintendo Switch Lite, Stranger Things 3, Cyberpunk 2077
- Console Tariffs, Canceled WoW Successor, New PUBG, More
- E3 Previews + Roundups, Bloodstained, Harry Potter, More
- Sony Partners With Microsoft, Plus Rage 2, Super Mario Maker, More
- Days Gone, Sea of Thieves, Borderlands 3, More
- More PS5 News, MK11, World War Z, and Minecraft
- PUBG Banned Again (Again), PS5 News, New Star Wars, More