Destiny 2: All Dawning Cookie Recipes and Ingredients 2022
The Dawning comes to Destiny 2 every December. This year is no different, and there are even more cookie recipes to bake in Eva Levante's new and improved oven. These treats give you rewards, acting as a currency to various vendors around the system. Gather enough ingredients and deliver enough cookies to the right people, and you'll be able to farm for the seasonal Cold Front SMG, Avalanche LMG, Glacioclasm Fusion Rifle, Zephyr Stasis Sword, and Stay Frosty Pulse Rifle.
You will also need Dawning cookie recipes to complete Dawning weekly and repeatable bounties. These bounties grant Bright Dust and plenty of XP to level up your season pass. Let's look at the Dawning ingredients you'll need to make each of the recipes, then run through the recipes and their recipients.
Dawning Cookie Ingredients
There are three main ingredients you will need to make cookies in The Dawning:
- The main ingredient that drops from killing enemies on various worlds
- A secondary ingredient that comes from getting kills and activating abilities
- Essence of the Dawning, received from any activity throughout Destiny 2
Every enemy type in Destiny 2 (except for other Guardians in the Crucible) has a corresponding ingredient that can drop when it's killed. These drops are low chance, so you will need to grind for enough to make all of the cookie recipes.
Below is a list of each enemy type and the ingredient they drop:
- The Vex: Vex Milk
- The Fallen: Ether Cane
- The Cabal: Cabal Oil
- The Hive: Chitin Powder
- The Taken: Taken Butter
- The Scorn: Dark Ether Cane
Every enemy type — boss, miniboss, ultra, red bar — has a chance to drop an ingredient of their given type as well.
Secondary ingredients drop based on the way you kill an enemy, not the enemy type itself. Secondary ingredients are more common. Below is an alphabetical list of each secondary ingredient and how you can acquire it.
How to Get Balanced Flavors
- Balanced Flavors: Kill enemies with a scout rifle, sniper, or a bow. Precision kills not required.
How to Get Bullet Spray
- Bullet Spray: Kill enemies with submachine guns, light machine guns, or auto rifles.
How to Get Dark Frosting
- Dark Frosting: Kill any enemy with Stasis damage from any source.
How to Get Delicious Explosion
- Delicious Explosion: Kill enemies with grenade abilities and rocket or grenade launchers.
How to Get Electric Flavor
- Electric Flavor: Kill enemies with Arc damage from any Guardian source, either weapon or ability.
How to Get Finishing Touch
- Finishing Touch: Kill an enemy with a finisher move, default or premium.
How to Get Flash of Inspiration
- Flash of Inspiration: Generate Orbs of Light from any Guardian source, including Masterworked weapons and Super abilities.
How to Get Impossible Heat
- Impossible Heat: Kill enemies with Solar damage from any Guardian source, either weapon or ability.
How to Get Multifaceted Flavors
- Multifaceted Flavors: Kill two or more enemies in quick succession (Destiny 2 counts these as multikills).
How to Get Null Taste
- Null Taste: Kill enemies with Void damage from any Guardian source, either weapon or ability.
How to Get Perfect Taste
- Perfect Taste: Kill enemies with precision damage (headshots or shots to a critical point).
How to Get Personal Touch
- Personal Touch: Kill enemies with a melee attack. It doesn't need to be an activated ability; any melee kill will do.
How to Get Pinch of Light
- Pinch of Light: Pick up Orbs of Light from any Guardian source, either masterwork weapon-created or generated by friendly Guardian Super.
How to Get Sharp Flavor
- Sharp Flavor: Kill enemies with swords.
How to Get Superb Texture
- Superb Texture: Kill enemies with any Super ability.
Dawning cookies travel light years and pass between dimensions to reach their intended recipients.
Remember, you need 15 Essence of the Dawning to bake any of these cookies or only 10 Essence once you’ve discovered all the recipes and Masterworked the Oven. In the event you get a recipe wrong, you will receive Burnt Edge Transits, which you can take to Master Rahool the Cryptarch at the Tower to refund any spent Essence of the Dawning.
For Dawning 2022, you’ll see all the ingredients to any recipe you don’t already have, but we’ve listed them here for completeness.
Here's an alphabetical list of each cookie and what it takes to bake.
Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Recipient: Eris Morn on the Moon
- Ingredients: Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch
Bittersweet Biscotti Recipe
- Bittersweet Biscotti
- Recipient: Crow in the H.E.L.M.
- Ingredients: Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors
Blueberry Crumblers Recipe
- Recipient: Shaw Han in the Cosmodrome
- Ingredients: Ether Cane, Bullet Spray
Bright Dusted Snowballs Recipe
- Bright Dusted Snowballs
- Recipient: Tess in the Tower
- Ingredients: Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors
Candy Dead Ghosts Recipe
- Candy Dead Ghosts
- Recipient: Spider in the Eliksni Quarter
- Ingredients: Dark Ether Cane, Flash of Inspiration
Chocolate Ship Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Ship Cookies
- Recipient: Amanda Holliday at the Tower
- Ingredients: Cabal Oil, Null Taste
Classic Butter Cookies Recipe
- Classic Butter Cookies
- Recipient: Eva Levante at the Tower
- Ingredients: Taken Butter, Superb Texture
Dark Chocolate Motes Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Motes
- Recipient: The Drifter at the Tower
- Ingredients: Taken Butter, Null Flavor
Etheric Coldsnaps Recipe
- Etheric Coldsnaps
- Recipient: Variks on Europa
- Ingredients: Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor
Eliksni Birdseed Recipe
- Eliksni Birdseed
- Recipient: Hawthorne (actually Louis the Hawk) at the Tower
- Ingredients: Ether Cane, Personal Touch
Gentleman's Shortbread Recipe
- Gentleman's Shortbread
- Recipient: Devrim Kay in the EDZ
- Ingredients: Ether Cane, Perfect Taste
- Recipient: Zavala at the Tower
- Ingredients: Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion
Hot Crossfire Buns Recipe
- Hot Crossfire Buns
- Recipient: Ada-1 at the Tower
- Ingredients: Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors
Ill-Fortune Cookies Recipe
- Ill-Fortune Cookies
- Recipient: Petra Venj in the Dreaming City
- Ingredients: Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat
Infinite Forest Cakes Recipe
- Infinite Forest Cakes
- Recipient: Failsafe on Nessus
- Ingredients: Vex Milk, Impossible Heat
Lavender Ribbon Cookies Recipe
- Lavender Ribbon Cookies
- Recipient: Saint-14 at the Tower
- Ingredients: Vex Milk, Personal Touch
Lucent Crunch Recipe
- Lucent Crunch
- Recipient: Fynch in Savathun’s Throne World
- Ingredients: Chitin Powder, Perfect Touch
Stalwort Thins Recipe
- Stalwort Thins
- Recipient: Exo Stranger on Europa
- Ingredients: Dark Ether Cane, Dark Frosting
Strange Cookies Recipe
- Strange Cookies
- Recipient: Xur either in Xur's Treasure Horde or his Exotic vendor location on weekends
- Ingredients: Taken Butter, Electric Flavor
Telemetry Tapioca Recipe
- Telemetry Tapioca
- Recipient: Banshee-44 at the Tower
- Ingredients: Vex Milk, Bullet Spray
Traveler Donut Holes Recipe
- Traveler Donut Holes
- Recipient: Ikora Rey at the Tower
- Ingredients: Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration
Vanilla Blades Recipe
- Vanilla Blades
- Recipient: Shaxx at the Tower
- Ingredients: Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor
And there you go — every single recipe for Dawning cookies, and the ingredients you'll need to make them. Once you've discovered each Dawning recipe, you'll unlock the Masterwork version of Eva's Holiday Oven 2.1. The upgrade reduces the overall cost of each recipe, making farming them much easier. Check out some of our other Destiny 2 guides and bookmark our guide hub for more.