New World Character Creation Disabled Fix Guide
Some New World players are running into a problem where they are unable to create a new character, particularly due to an error stating character creation is disabled. This seems to happen with more highly populated servers.
This guide will offer a possible fix to the New World character creation disabled error.
How to Fix Character Creation Disabled Error in New World
Players trying to create characters on high population New World servers will not be able to get around this error.
You can check the capacity of all available servers in New World on the official server status page. Select your region and check the status of your server of choice. If the server is tagged as full, then most likely you will not be able to create a new character there.
Currently, there are two solutions to this problem:
- Choosing a low population server
- Waiting for the upcoming character transfer system from Amazon Games
Choose a Low Population Server
You can easily avoid the character creation error in New World by choosing a low population server.
The most populated servers are the ones that have been claimed by the famous streamers. Many players watch their gameplay and choose to join them, and that's why those servers are always full.
You want to avoid those servers by doing the following:
- Go to New World Streamers database webpage
- Select the "List" feature
- Choose your region and press "ANY" in the Range window
- Click on the "Impact" filter
- Choose servers with Medium or Low impact
In this way you can filter out servers with Very High or High populace, and join the game without the character creation disabled error ever again.
Once you've chosen the server you wish to play on, here's what you need to do:
- Start New World
- Select "Continue" option
- Click on "Create New Character'
- Select the server of your choice
- Confirm by pressing "I Understand"
If you've chosen a server with low populace, then you should be immediately directed to the character creation screen.
Character Transfer System
The developer has acknowledged the servers problem and promised to deliver free character transfers, which will allow players to move their characters from one server to the other.
A message from the New World Team regarding launch, world queues, and character transfers. pic.twitter.com/wDSrlT8w93— New World (@playnewworld) October 1, 2021
This means that you will be able to create a new character on a low populace server and move it to the one you wanted, but were not able to create the character on in the first place.
The feature should be available to all registered New World players soon.
That's all you need to know on how to fix the character creation disabled error in New World. Also, check out our other New World guides on GameSkinny:
- New World Best Weapons Tier List
- New World Black Screen Fix
- New World Fiber Farming Guide
- New World Iron Ore Farming Guide
- New World Lag Detected Fix
- New World Faction Overview Guide
- New World Petalcaps Farming Guide
- New World Fae Iron Farming Guide
- New World Territory Standing Overview
- New World Petrified Wood Farming Guide